It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definitive 50's-90's UFO Video Archive Online At Last! Includes my Long Lost Favourite UFO clip!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm very excited because I've just seen that someone has uploaded a UFO video documentary series that I had seen on a four part VHS series many many moons ago from a friend who ordered it from the original UK UFO magazine around 1999. It's called 'UFO's The Footage Archives: 50 years of UFO's 1947-1997' by Michael Hesemann.

Here's part one of four... don't watch it all yet... read my whole thread... but check out the start of the introduction... they'll tell you what I was going to... how this is a huge collection of all videos from the early days.

This archive of films and videos is so important, in my opinion, because it came from a time when these numerous video-film-makers didn't have the tools available to them to do much, if any, digital manipulation. In-fact the few obvious CGI UFO videos from the late 90's with huge UFO's behind buildings or crop circles appearing, showcase what the best people at home could achieve at the time, which was $h!t.

I really like the fact that this is simply a collection of every single clip in chronological order with zero padding and the commentary is honest and obviously unscripted... sometimes embarrassingly so (in a good way.... they mean well). The commentators points of view are, IMO, balanced and mostly based soundly in reality. They never really talk of 'aliens' and prefer to look for mundane explanations. And they exhibit genuine astonishment at the clips that warrant them and are genuinely dismissive of clips that are obviously dodgy (Adamski stuff). They obviously 'want to believe'... so do I... but they have a base in reality... which I think is compulsory when discussing 'out-there' topics.

Anyway.. like I said I last saw these films (there are four parts) many years ago and it was the only time/place I had seen a UFO clip that had stayed in my mind as my personal favourite WTF UFO clip ever. Mostly because of its rarity... I hadn't been able to track it down for many many years, I did occasional searches for 'small ufo orb over brazil' as those were details I remembered... but never saw the clip again. That was until about an hour ago. I found it! And after all these years it still does my head in... its a brilliant UFO clip and I haven't heard an explanation yet that I feel fits the year and location.

PART FOUR... go to 01.25.23

2nd January 1998 Capao Redondo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Filmed by Waldir (?) Mariano Ouviera (or Cuviera)

I would LOVE to hear what you think it is... bearing in mind this was 1998 in Brazil.
I did find a 2006 ATS thread with a defunct link and hardly any replies mentioning this footage, www.abovetopsecret.com..., but don't think this is an RC helicopter. Gyroscopic Rc helicopters with bright lights in 1998 in Sau Paulo, Brazil?? I very much doubt.

I want to believe that this is something else... please look at the movement at 1.26.45 and 1.27.00 ... that's not the wind... yes it does look like what my modern 2012 rc helicopter can do... but this is 1998... and why can't we see a body/rotors... I would LOVE your thoughts... perhaps I should have put this at the top of the thread... but hope you got here.

BTW... I have previously pondered questions that have flummoxed me for years here on ATS only to have them answered in the most simple manner... so I am all up for the simplest explanations to stuff.

This is a huge collection... about SIX hours of material, but at least the up-loader has done them in 4 long parts, as they were released I believe, so LOTS to enjoy. If there was ever any UFO footage you'd read about and wanted to see from pre 1998 then its here. And a SMALL PERCENTAGE still holds the test of time of being seemingly unexplained and/or anomalous/odd.

Part Two

5.46 1990 USSR 'tubular' UFO... what is it?
12.14 1990 24 august Greitswald Germany ... odd
25.12 1991 Las Vegas by Roger Beare
59.14 1992 July, Tepozatlan, Mexico. By Felipe Gonzales 'Peek-A-Boo' clouds. I love this clip. Please explain. Brilliant.

I think its great to be able to look at footage and not have to think about CGI... pretty much all of the new stuff i see on the Interweb is obviously CGI of some variety, sadly... some of it of amazing quality.... so amazing it might be real in 1% of all recent UFO vids... if you know what I mean... maybe.

I've been an ATS member for a fair few years... its my only real 'out-there' site I participate in. I'm in my 40's but I've been into the 'paranormal' and weird stuff since aged 16... and have subscribed to the brilliant FORTEAN TIMES magazine for the last 15 years.Just because something hasn't been scientifically proved doesn't make it unfeasible. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence... as they say.

I am a Digital FX artist and film director by trade, and have been, of sorts, since I was 10, when I was given a Super 8mm camera. I have always been an artist... did a painting degree.. and have directed many films and promos and have taught myself After Effects and am skilled in compositing digital video fx, which is where I get my income at the moment. I love anomalies and crazy conspiracies... (ones based in reality as opposed to Lizard People fantasies).

UFO's... I was 10 when I saw Close Encounters and it changed my world (as JAWS did a few years ealier!) ... I've seen a few lights in the sky that looked weird/moved too quick in my life... but nothing very odd... but personally know three close friends who have told me in great detail about UFO encounters which I found very spectacular (one was a huge triangular UFO travelling alongside a car driving in UK... other was a daylight visit by a silver orb while my mate was strumming his guitar in Israel, witnessed by a Japanese tourist who was jumping up and down, pointing and shouting 'oofo, oofo'... which 'scared it off' he says. )

I collected UFO Magazine for a few years and while a believer in 'Unidentified Flying Objects' and also in the possibility of life on other planets I don't necessarily put the two together. When it comes to UFO's I take the strong stance that of course, by literal definition, 'Unidentified Flying Objects' DO exist because we all see them every day (planes, missiles, drones, rc's, stars, balloons, lanterns, insects, plastic bags etc).

90% of pre year 2000 videos do feature genuine UFO's (at the time they were filmed). Which makes them the best evidence for and against the argument about whether UFO's are of alien origin or not... which is where the general confusion comes in. So many of the very strange UFO videos from the early days could be military projects or exceptional natural phenomena... which makes them extraordinary in their own right.

Yes there are tons of balloons videos here, but there is also every UFO video or picture that you should have read or know about if you want to understand the history of the UFO phenomena. Every famous video is here from Adamski to Gulf Breeze to Phoenix Lights, etc etc... there is stuff from obscure films and TV programmes, CH 4, Fox etc. This was released on VHS through a magazine and not on the shelfs... underground style... and I always wondered if they had the rights to all this footage. Enjoy it while you can.

Part Three

edit on 12-4-2012 by manmental because: title

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
wow! Nice post. It will take a while to view, looking forward to it.
By the way, I think I saw your cat over on elm street!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
14 flags 1 reply

Well thought out thread and I will be reading this more in debt and will also watch the videos when i have some more time, I'm at work now.

Thank you for all the information and i hope your thread gets a little more attention and discussion.
I will formulate my opinion on the information you offered when i get back from work.

S&F

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Wow, thank you

There is a lot of good information there, already after what I have seen.

It was about an incident that happened in Germany, with multiple witnesses/videos. I thought I would have know about that case, but I have never heard about it
Its in the third video you posted, 13 min in they are talking about it, and I find those two speakers professional in how they look at this. I thought I would wind up with two speakers who were just, you know, those annoying "its all aliens!"

But once again, thank you. Now I know what to watch in my weekend!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
And wow,

the Brazilian case of the Orb going around the city, truly amazing.
Its too bad that it got out of focus sometimes, but its worth watching it. So nice.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Great, hope to give this a watch over the weekend. Thanks for sharing...should be very exciting to watch. "Watch it whilst you can", have you saved the flv files to your computer just in case?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Looking forward to viewing these, should be a good watch. Just wish it was a little clearer.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
WOW some really good videos in this post

i shall be watching all the links over the weekend,
it still amazes me how so many accounts of people witnessing UFO's still has people doubting their existence after all these years.
how many times do people need to be shown a hammer, told "that's a hammer", explained what a hammer is and what it does before they actually believe in hammers..
(strange analogy i know but you get the point i am sure)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Very nice find. S&F. This will be a refreshing treat after trudging through a UFO hoax thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Awesome dude.

S&F for this VHS UFO collection which I never heard of before.

Bookmarked and about to be watched.

S&F

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just the way that thing moves looks like an RC helicopter to me...

www.rc-airplane-world.com...

Flying rc airplanes and helicopters has exploded in popularity since the mid 1990s

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Looking forward to viewing these, should be a good watch. Just wish it was a little clearer.

Me too! I remember the original VHS copies being very similar in quality. In a way this adds to the retro charm and innocence of some of these clips I think. And also video camera's were a bit useless back in the 90's so the originals might not be a major improvement.

I am pleased that these films and some clips are new to people here. Please give me your thoughts on the Sau Paulo, Brazil footage once you've had a butchers.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Just the way that thing moves looks like an RC helicopter to me...

www.rc-airplane-world.com...

Flying rc airplanes and helicopters has exploded in popularity since the mid 1990s

Agreed... I have one. 3 channel gyroscopic indoors model. Its awesome. Maybe a 'UFO' might move in a similar fashion?

Remember this is 1998 in Sau Paulo, Brazil... and outdoors... so this would be a fuel guzzling RC beast which would make a huge noise. Have you been near to any helicopter... small or full size? They are noisy beasts! I cannot hear motor/ rotor noises.

And at no point can I see anything 'attached' to the light... no body or rotors or tail. There are points in the film where the focus is sharp enough to see their isn't a 'body' attached to the light. In my opinion.

Like I said in my post, I have considered the RC helicopter idea and do not think it fits.We can't see it and we can't hear it. But am more than willing to be persuaded otherwise.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

at 7:51 That looks less classic than some I have seen. What do you make of that?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Brilliant post - Good Job!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is EPIC! Thank you so much for posting. I can't wait to get started watching them.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
thank you for the post, there is a great chrome greasemonkey extension which puts a download button on the you tube page and makes it very easy to download your favourite vids right off the page itself, you don't have to go to any other site to put in a link or sign up to anything, so if you think this footage might disappear i'd suggest downloading them right off the site.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, just look at that UFO!

It's...unidentified!

That proves so much....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
Wow, just look at that UFO!

It's...unidentified!

That proves so much....

Was there a reason for your scathing and sarcastic reply? Or were you just here to troll?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Hot or not, When I found out your avatar had Lesbian Affairs - I said Noooooooooo! She admits to it..

Eh- Its cool I guess I mean How many Women were upset to Find out that Vin Diesal is BI as well. Haaaaaaaaaa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join