It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parenting for The 1%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is all very speculative, but what do you Imagine the Fat-Cats bother to teach their Children? Do they encourage them to love, do they sit down and have little tea-set gatherings with stuffed animals with them. Do they watch Sesame Street together. Are the Children just fine, until their 7s,8s, and 9's or after?

I'm wondering, because if I were to turn on my television/radio/internet, it seems like the minds of our future are going to Rot from MEME's, Sex, Violence, Drugs, Wealth-chasing, and the pursuit of Social Appearance at the cost of humanity, like love thy neighbor.

Not to mention, it's now hip to beat-up on "goodness". As if being a decent human being is uncool. I'm a big believer in the Message of Peace, I don't thump bibles, but I'm offended to the core at the promotion of Aethism, and Jesus Bashing. Todays Aetheists, are not the intellectuals which had a right to be involved in goodly world and positive social progress, without God. Today's Aethiests, don't even care about goodly things, or positive social progress period. (General Statement, disavow if not relevant).

Would anyone care to pipe in?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Why would the weathy treat their children any different from the rest of us?

They don't eat the still-beating hearts of sacrificial virgins until they get to Harvard.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Generalizing the 1%

That's like generalizing those who score in the 1% intellectually.

In reality, their brain organizations are all over the charts, and so are their quirks.

It would seem some of the kids have high-powered, workaholic parents, and are left to figure things out on their own.

Perhaps some have retired, or semi-retired parents, and teach their kids well.

In my situation, my parents were the former, and my brothers and I had to figure things out on our own. Our parents did their best to balance career and raising us well, but ultimately we had to develop our own systems for navigating around.

When I was 3 we moved from Louisiana to the D/FW area in Texas. My parents were given $500 from family to start off, and paps took a job as a plumber. Three years later, he said screw this and started his own company. Mom applied for a job when my little brother was 2, I was 7, and older bro was 10. She interviewed and was given the position of assistant manager with no prior experience from the get go
It took her eight years to work her way up to executive VP, and my paps plumbing company added crews as the years rolled on.

As of a few or so years ago, we officially hit the top 1%. I can tell you that the top 1-.5% don't live that much different than the top 10-1.1%. They may have an extra car or two, plus maybe a beach/lake house, but besides that it's pretty much the same. A little comfortable is all.

It's really the top .1% and up that are truly doing whatever the hell they want whenever the hell they want. Even then these families often still work their tail off, and choose not to retire. They could hire someone to manage their money and live well for the rest of their lives, probably, but usually are addicted to performing.

Anyways, a lot of times people in the top 1% realize the public educational system is junk, so will private or home school their children. They also tend to try and have their kids involved with extracurricular activities that develop their talents.

Again, this is surely not the whole lot of them. A lot of richies are left with way too much monies and just become hoodlums. They may become addicted to power like their parents may be, and turn to quick fixes like starting a small mafia, and drug running. Stuff like that. Plenty of foolish criminals come from wealthy families.

Overall, they are all over the place just like any other bracket, except they have more opportunities for good and bad.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Money has no DIRECT effect on the outcome and parenting of a child.

However, bad parenting is rampant throughout the world. It is harmful weather you are rich, poor, or middle-class. The only difference is method of harm done.

A child of a poor family might experience more direct and open violence, while a child of a rich family might experience violence that is more emotional and subtle.

But, Weather parents will do it for their own personal status, or their general love for their kids, I guarantee every %1 child will have the best possible education money can buy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is a free documentary out there called Born Rich. It gives some interesting insights on the children who inherit their parents' enormous wealth. Along with the upbringing and taboos of their childhoods.

Born Rich - Documentary

I hope that gives you some semblance of what it is like for the top 1%.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well it was a good thread with some valid points, until you made that generalization about how Atheists don't care about the goodly things in life and blah, blah, blah. Just because someone doesn't believe in a magician of the sky, doesn't make them a bad person.

On topic though, I imagine most people in the 1% don't watch Sesame Street with their kids. Just a hunch. From what I've seen, rich kids quite often turn out to be the worst.....probably not always true, but more often than not.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My generalizing was of course just that. About aethism, I failed to elucidate. If a child had to raise itself, it is in my opinion this has become an Aetheists planet as far as Media is concerned. The magic man in the sky, Very George Carlin. He was a Genius BTW.

B4 TV, In the old days, we were fighting for control against the church, now there is a backspin. Values which were ingrained in our culture traditionally, were a product of a religious moral code. Now that Media is in every American/Western household, from an Anthropological standpoint, unless influenced differently Aetheism is the foundation of our culture, and Spiritual approaches are considered crazy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The 1% don't raise their children. They pay people to do it for them. To generalize is to unify, hence 99%.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Be careful not to see atheism and spirituality as being mutually exclusive. I consider myself apatheistic and am quite spiritually inclined.

It does, of course, depend on how one qualifies various terms.

Basically I feel a connection to everyone and everything to various degrees, and feel bound to serve people as I see best. This seems both reasonable, best, and beneficial to myself, and people. I see no reason to partake in any religious belief system, rather have created my own system that is constantly evolving.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Well it sounds as if you benefited from the core message of faith, without the fluff of "Religion". Which I feel is the Ever-transforming face of "Good". As we all know, how well organized an Ideology is, in order for it to become Dominant. Then it can be exploited by people with ulterior motivations, in the name of GOD.

Also on a side note I wouldn't quite consider making it to the top through hard-work and moral compass exactly a 1%er.

Blue-collar money v.s. White-collar money

However, when I think 1%er, I think Corporate Raider styled money. Where no-one is getting to watch the people who get squashed actually suffer. This because it's all $ signs, decimal points, and lavish living.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You must ask yourself why this "1%" has sprung up in the first place

Why are we not becoming informed to the actual individuals who are manipulating the political and corporate sectors

Why don't we realize that it's only a fraction of the top .1%, and mostly just a good chunk of the top 500 or so families

In my assessment, it is a means to class warfare.

Now that we are stirred up, and ready to retaliate on what we perceive to be evil, we are lead to be fooled one last time.

Unfortunately, the majority aren't sharp enough to realize that it isn't merely the top 1% by income, on the books...

We're being set up, and the elite will laugh as we continue to fight each other, run in circles, and if it comes to it...they'll just ditch out of this country without being noticed, and we'll be taking out the highly productive class...the end of the US as we know it.
edit on 11-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's funny.

The 1%ers in my mind aren't the very rich, the "worked really hard to be wealthy" people.

They are the 1% of the world that controls the entire population through every means possible. They control the media, pull the strings, and confer with one another to form a world they deem "acceptable."

I don't know what image 1% brings to mind in other people, but this term was thrown out at me during the Occupy movements. So please excuse the ignorance if it has been used before.

But with THAT in mind... the image of I have of those children are children raised to be the Heirs and future puppet masters for the continuing dominance of the majority... the 99%

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Unity and Jazzer, both of you contribute well to this thread and make excellent points.

I just wanted to thank you for being involved.

Class warfare indeed, and Yes Why aren't the 1% "The Evil Overlord-Types" Being more Visible?

I does cross my mind, how the "Evil Overlord-Types" raise their Children, because I fear they are raising the rest of the worlds Children, with a continued message of serve-yourself and be damned anyone who gets in your way. Sort of to the Effect of Anton LeVey Satanism, only adding that anyone not you is considered an Enemy... just hidden behind a smile.

Without a population to Control there would be no them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You know what the differences between poor and rich are?

Money.

They are all people.. money doesn't effect how you treat your children, culture and personality do.

And I've seen some absolutely atrocious parenting by the "99%"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

i would like to point out that IMHO
the 1% are the ones pushing this selfish attitude of whats in it for me,
the idea that me or I is whats important,
that greed and material wealth is what constitutes a sucessful person,
but this comes at the cost of the whole society,
ever wounder if the wall street crooks would crash the economy if signs were posted world wide showing their faces and their crimes?
the question about why the evil overloards are always unseen is because they KNOW the destruction the cause would be hated by the larger society.
when the 1% started to teach people to be selfish and greedy,
they are seperating the 99% into individual 1%ers who will do what ever is nessacery to become "sucessful" in this new paradime.

the idea that me or I is even more important than the society can only be spun to people if they buy into selfishness.

the 1% teach their childeren that to have apathy or charity is be doomed to failure.

only in the unity of non selfishness and society co operation will people realise that this how to live "sucessfully"
as when society collapses from greed and selfishness of individuals will the 1% realise how they cant survive without the greater society that they are part of.

to destroy a society all you need to do is convince everyone within that society that they indiviually are more important than the whole,

greed and envy take care of the rest.

you talk of class warfare, well the 1% class has been at war for many decades upon the idea that to icolate individuals will allow much more control than trying to force control of a unifyed society.

the wall street banker who sells worthless bonds to the police retirement fund knowing they will lose value,

this is why their is an effort to make people belive that greed is good,
because it destroys your society from within
and that is the aim of the 1%

a society devided into individuals is easy prey to the well orginised

xploder

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I often say, "it wasn't the money that trickled down, it was the false values".

new topics

top topics

join