It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sorry me grammer is poop. I spell like a gorilla too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Seriously, some of us don't have the education others have. It's not like we don't try. Some of us didn't have english as a first language like myself. Doesnt mean we are not trying or learning everyday.

If your not gonna take a post seriously because of someones grammer, then what kind of person does that make you.

If somone kidnapped your family and wrote a ransom note and the grammer was terrible , are you not gonna take it serious?

Its a poor example, but you get were i am going.

Just to let fellow atsers know, regardless how poor your grammer is, if its something that intresets me. Then I will read it and take it serious, regardless if you cant spell or wether you dot your i's or cross your t's.

Sorry read something from some sort of god member that just upset me beyond....

Also, if you have relevant information and you want to make a thread about it, then do it.

Its up to the mods if they think your posting the same thing over and over agin.

Dont let these sheople who dont want the truth out, stop you, or intimdiate you into thinking you cant.

and my spelling is terrible. I know this and i am sorry that i cant spell , again so so sorry!!!
edit on 11-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Spelling is not your strength either.

"grammar"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Cool. My first double post.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

If somone kidnapped your family and wrote a ransom note and the grammer was terrible , are you not gonna take it serious?

Thats not poor,thats awesome.

I like this quote - "I am the Roman Emperor and above grammar". -Sigismund

I is my own Emperor and me thinks I is above grammer too.

Plus I cant spell.

But honestly I dont care. I would throw down in an 'iq off' and defeat alot of people that can out spell me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Sorry read something from some sort of god member that just upset me beyond....

edit on 11-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

Whoa God members, here on ATS? Yikes!

BTW - Firefox makes it so you don't need an education to spell you just have know how to right click.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by KingJod

"grammar"

did you not read the bottom of his post? guess not

and KingJod

don't worry some of the best minds in the world cant spell look at Albert Einstein he is dyslexic and Thomas Edison,George Patton,Walt Disney,George Washington

people who pick on others because off there spelling have nothing better to do
edit on 11-4-2012 by funnybones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by funnybones

reply to post by KingJod

"grammar"

and KingJod

don't worry some of the best minds in the world cant spell look at Albert Einstein he is dyslexic and Thomas Edison,George Patton,Walt Disney,George Washington

people who pick on others because off there spelling have nothing better to do
edit on 11-4-2012 by funnybones because: (no reason given)

I appreciate it, I just hate when people knock me around for it. i know people have a right to their own opinion. but geeze!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by KingJod

"grammar"

And apparently, you can't read the title of the thread.

Derp.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Mr. Spell-Check can be your friend. If you are willing to accept his help, he will assist you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I understand your view point. It reminds me of my son. I'll simply say that his behaviors twist around the several minor points of civil law. He damned well knows better, he was taught better, but he choses to run amuk some of the time anyway. Yet he wants to be accepted as he is inclinded to be, without judgment as a full-fledged member of the family and community both social and official. Life is so easily skated across. So you are saying, "Yes, I'm deficient in how I interact with you people, but don't judge me." Basically, you are asking for me--I won't speak for others--to take you as you present yourself, knowing your efforts are flawed but you won't be bothered to do your posts in an spell check program or have something like a Webster's Instand Word Guide at your elbow. I don't buy your argument. It is entirely self-serving.

I am one, as the saying goes, one of the world's worst spellers and grammarians. (I had to look up the spelling of that last word in that sentence. My unaided attempt at it was incorrect. I also had to go back and correct "deficient.") I frequently make those mistakes and many typos, but never with the view that you (or I) don't deserve any better of a presentation. I can cut you no slack. You present yourself as you are inclinded. I will judge accordingly, my prerogative--and I just had a Hell of a tought time looking up the proper spelling of that word. You have my sympathies but not forgiveness when you know otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've seen much worse! Your post was perfectly understandable! I don't know why other people feel the need to nit pick but it's probably because what you're saying might be true and instead of realizing that, they have to point out your grammar. I don't know why people do it, but you seem like a smart guy and smarts aren't weighed entirely on grammar and spelling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is one of my pet peeves here. Self-righteous spelling/grammar dictators who fail to realize that MANY members do not speak English as a first language. Spell check does NOT pick up on grammar nor punctuation.

people need to focus on what is being said. not the member. not how perfectly it is written. but what is being said.....all awhile remember that maybe that person speaks MORE languages than you and English is not their first....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by funnybones

That was added after my post, as well as the change to the thread title.
S&F for those changes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I guess it's a habit/obsession. I backspace / retype a word 6-7 times because the cursor is sitting right there. It's so easy to fix.

new topics

top topics

join