It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my daughter communicates with the spirit world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My daughter is 2.5 years old. I believe she is very intelligent, and speaks very well.

So she walks up to me last night as I was sitting there on the couch, and says "my friend died". I said "none of your friends died!", "what friend died?". She said "my friend, meow meow".

So the funny thing is she refers to dogs, cats, animals, and children as "her friends". She calls the cats "meow meows". We had 2 outdoor cats, one "skunk" was always hanging around the house, the other "bubba" likes to go on safaris in the desert for long periods of time and bring back trophies to the front porch.

About a month ago skunk disappeared, never to return. Bubba is still here, and has been hanging around the house a lot. Since skunk was not really much of a hunter or fighter, we figured he wandered to a neighbors house and became their pet, or was killed, or who knows what. He just disappeared.

We never told my daughter that skunk died, or anything about his disappearance. It is possible that she noticed that he wasn't around anymore, but I think skunk communicated with her from the grave to let us know he was dead.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You answered your own question already. The intelligence of the child is not to communicate with dead cats, but to realize what is going on around.

May the parents eat a spoon full of that wit too.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, it wasn't really a question.

It was more of a statement/theory.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with that, people have claimed to be "contact" since the dawn of man

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I agree with the OP in that children do have something which enables them to communicate with entities that we no longer can.
My son is a twin and is now 2 1/2 years old. His sister died in the womb and we have never told him this or said her name in front of him. Yet for over a year now when we put him to bed you can hear him talking to someone over the monitor. I've asked him a few times "who are you talking to". He just looks up at me and smiles then says his sisters name....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

Yeah, I don't believe they have been brainwashed into thinking that you can't communicate with the spirits yet, and it enables them to do amazing things, and perceive things that most adults just cannot.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I grew up as a kid who constantly talked to dead people. I made the mistake once of mentioning at the funeral of an Uncle that i was very fond of that i didn't need to go into the viewing room to see him laying in the casket because he was standing behind my aunt who was comforting me. Sure i was sad he was dead, but they thought i didn't want to go in because i was scared to see the body, that was part of it sure, but i didn't need to see it to realize he was dead.

Once i said he was standing behind her, well you can guess what happened. Everyone lost it and instantly thought i was crazy and just a bad kid. I wasn't, i just didn't understand that not everyone could do that. I just kind of assumed that everyone could. It was a rude wake up call for me that no 8 yr old should have to go through, much less explain what i was seeing to parents who just didn't believe or understand what was going on.

My advice to you is to watch your daughter, ask her what she sees when she's staring at nothing and giggling to herself. Allow whatever she has to grow instead of making her feel like she's constantly stupid. Take it from someone who grew up in that atmosphere, it ain't healthy and its amazing i turned out like i did. I can still see those things because i learned to keep my mouth shut, but because of that, i was forced to grow up extremely fast (for a number of reasons that aren't related to the topic) but it was part of it.

Having said that, if she can do these things there is a chance she may grow out of it as she gets older. But it may get stronger and if it does, she's going to need your understanding and support. You don't need to understand it, but the first time she goes into a military graveyard and starts crying for no reason whatsoever, she's going to need some emotional support. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Thank you for your reply. I am well aware that certain individuals can see the other side. I am pretty sure that most very young children are capable of it.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a support group for your unique abilities. I will not repeat those mistakes, and I will not discount what she says she saw. Ridicule is never a good thing when it comes to these matters.

I have seen the other side on 3 occasions. One time I had a close call in an off road truck race where I was certain my own death was about to occur, and I saw my life through the eyes of those who I came in contact with, in a split second, that seemed to last several hours. On two other occasions after partaking in some sacred roots.
edit on 10-4-2012 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

lol well you should of been there to tell that to my parents, the Nuns and priests at Catholic School and a number of other people who wished i wasn't there to ask questions they wished they'd never heard me ask lol.

You sound like a good parent though so just be prepared, if she has these things, she will be more emotional then most kids her age. It's neither a gift or a curse, it just is, that's very important to understand and for her to understand when she gets older if she keeps it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Yeah, I had a lot of those questions growing up as well. I went to a Christian school, so I was exposed to a lot of that kind of mentality.

It is unfortunate that so many people are so closed minded.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

lol i could also tell very similar stories, minus the root
. One time in particular in which it actually saved my life. Talk about a life changing experience lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by roaland

Yeah, I had a lot of those questions growing up as well. I went to a Christian school, so I was exposed to a lot of that kind of mentality.

It is unfortunate that so many people are so closed minded.

I may have to beef against the Vatican, but I'm pagan now and learned a long time ago that religion doesn't make a person close minded, the person does. People believe what they want to believe, i don't hold it against the religion, as much as id like to at times. People just follow whatever religion they were raised on more times then none. Eventually everyone gets exposed to things outside of their comfort zone, like ghosts, that's when ya find out what you really believe.
edit on 10-4-2012 by roaland because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So....your daughter told you her "friend" died, and you

a) assumed she was talking about the lost cat, and then
b) concluded she communicates with the spirit world.

And you're talking to us about how it's a shame people aren't "more open minded"?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Have you ever talked about death with her?

At 2 1/2 years old I'm surprised she knows what that means.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

No, I haven't. She definitely knows what it is though. When the batteries on the ipad run out, she sobbingly exclaims "The ipad died".

Her grandfather died, last year, and we have always told her that he left, and is in Heaven now.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
when animals die they become one with the earth...dust...no cat spirit roaming around to let you know he is dead. Nothing to stress about, just pray over your child in case it is something bad like demons

new topics

top topics

join