It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable There Are Still Some People Believing The Mainstream News Media? [BBC,CNN,FOX,ABC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You know its Funny and Sad at the same time this week i believe i made at least two threads on about the war in Yugoslavia, or more rather the war in my former Yugoslavian country Bosnia.

And when i did it seemed i hit a nerve in some members at least the way they replied, quickly they either posted news links from either ABC,BBC or the international court of justice.

Yet what these members dont realize these news links that you are posting about Bosnia are the same news organizations that have lied about the First gulf war and the second.

What makes you The Mainstream News outlets like BBC,CNN haven't lied about the Yugoslavian war? for example.

A member posted and replied to me with this.

EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT SARAJEVO
And in the link.

Who Does BBC point as the True Solo Enemy?

The majority of the city was surrounded by Serb forces but there was one area of the city that was controlled by the Serbs.

With the roads around Sarajevo held by the Serbs, the only reliable way to get food, medicines and supplies into the city was by air.

And i have a hard time believing this line.

Cemetery blast

No aspect of life in the city was safe. Even funerals were targeted by Bosnian Serb gunners.

Yet the only news outlet apparent witness was BBC??

BBC's Jeremy Bowen witnessed one such attack as mourners attempted to lay flowers at the grave of a young girl.

Again there is a lot of things that is wrong with that picture first it was a Cemetery blast yet then BBC starts to blame the shooting on the Bosnian Serb gunners?

And just how they knew it was the Bosnian Serb gunners? they did have super xray visions?

Market Massacre was not caused by the Serbs. Note the reaction that was locked upon.

The atrocity spurred the international community to threaten the Serbs with Nato air strikes unless they withdrew their heavy weapons

The international community to threaten the Serbs with Nato air strikes, In which they have already done so.

30 August 1995

Nato warplanes launch air strikes on Serb positions in pre-dawn raids. Air defences, ammunition dumps, communications facilities were attacked.

dont be fooled by BBC little comment on the events of 30 August 1995 NATO War planes haven't just bombed Air defences, ammunition dumps, communications facilities, that is just for the sheeple.

NATO also have attacked Civilian structures that had any Serbian Civilian, reducing the Serbian population in Bosnia and Sarajevo.

If you dont believe remember that back in 2011 or 2010 i believe the Bosnian people never wanted to take part in the ethnic status report, that are usual done in every country and each every 4-9 years i believe.

Heres a news article from B92
B92

The Western Mainstream News Outlets like BBC,CNN Has Never shown you these images on the news have they?

Has the New Western Media Have They Ever Shown you These Images Or Videos?

Mujahideen Victory March.

Or the Islamic terrorist Base of operations in Bosnia?

The mujaheddin base in Bosnia was located in the Mountains outside of Sarajevo.

Source

Alija Izetbegović and his western funded terrorist friends, this image is a screenshot from a video released by the freedom of information request.

Sorry for this small size but its an image from a larger video showing the Mujaheddin burning homes belonging to the Serbian civilians.

There was also a footage showing in a clip there was a child apparently 9 years old it seems fully clothed in wearing the mujaheddin uniform, shouting how great the mujaheddin is.

So now that you have seen the true images tell me why hasn't shown you or educated you about this? about the fact that America has funded & supported terrorists group like the mujaheddin to fight the war against the Christian Serbs.

And now people are surprised to hear or see that Obama is allowing the Muslim Brotherhood to come into America? people the elites have been plotting this for years, why you think the Libyan Arab spring took a while?
Because it was planned by the pentagon and the elite organizations.

What Has The Major News Outlets Like BBC,CNN Lied About Before??

First Gulf War: Incubator Lie, started by Nayirah (testimony) pumped by CNN,BBC and Others.
Claims were proven, false.

Yugoslavian wars: Serbian Death Camps, Serbian Rape Camps.

Under GW Bush And Bill Clinton
Second Gulf War:
War Results:From the guardian as reported [Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war]

-Fabrications used by US as justification for invasion, Iraqi left One million civilians dead

Afghanistan:Reasons 9/11 Yet the war for Afghanistan was planned years ago well planned four years before 9/11 results Afghanistan in ruin, unemployment rate rising, people trying to go back to live.

Huge vest of minerals were discovered.

Libyan Arab Spring Conflict:Reason Gaddafi is evil and dictator as told by the major mainstream news outlets
Sen uses public money travels to Libya and pre announces that the Libyan rebels are his friends, does a photo OP and goes back to the state of Arizona.

End result 2,000 dead yet as expected The opposition played the Death toll number game

On 2 March, the World Health Organization estimated approximately 2,000 killed.[314] At the same time, the opposition claimed that 6,500 people had died.[315] Later, rebel spokesman Abdul Hafiz Ghoga reported that the death toll reached 8,000.[316]

Other problems i had with the Arab Spring the protest signs are so prefect in english those Western NGO Organizations make it look to good dont you agree?

Here's image if you dont remember

Ah yes Dublin.

So please tell me again who should be educated on the matter? as a young teenager i have been investigating the war and the causes of it and let me tell you the causes aren't what they are as they are told to you by the News out lets.

If they were true maybe i would start believing Sen John McCain and his Song of Bomb Bomb Iran and that Iran has a nuke then?

If you want to seek the truth about the war in SARAJEVO then speak to the Serbian people to because they were also the victims as well.

Believe me from i saw from the war it was disgusted.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Who are we supposed to believe if not the main stream news outlets?

Yes it's frustrating to know news stories are either wrongly reported or used in a way to promote an agenda, but you can't blame people for trusting these outlets.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is tough here in America to trust any of these major news outlets especially when that is all you see. I would be interested to see a percentage of how many Americans get "all" of their news information from either BBC, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, or CBS. I would be willing to bet that the number is staggering.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Who are we supposed to believe if not the main stream news outlets? Thats easy talk to the people who are from there to both sides and each will there own version.

Unlike the main stream news outlets claims that the Serbs responsible for the 90% of the war crimes which isn't the truth you know what does mean to have the claims of 90% responsibility?

It means basically that Serbia was at war with Bosnia which isn't correct.

And dont forget people these are the same news outlets that are treating Ron Paul and others in disrespectfully manner and your basically allowing them to control your thoughts.

Like i have seen in most CNN die hard fans.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Yes it's frustrating to know news stories are either wrongly reported or used in a way to promote an agenda, but you can't blame people for trusting these outlets.

I think you can. People have a responsibility and an obligation to pay attention. Its not good enough for us in the West to just allow our leaders to commit whatever demonic atrocities they like as long as we arent affected. But the thing is that we are starting to be affected. Greece is the new model for the West. When will we stop nodding our heads and take an interest? Are we really all so stupid?
edit on 10-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Saw this on Daily Kos, Comic from [url=http://www.kchronicles.com/The K Chronicles[/url]

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Not me, my thoughts are my own.

Sure you'll get propaganda on both sides or reporting in a biased way depending on where they are getting their £$'s from.

I agree you have to look at the bigger picture but not many people do.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

People have a responsibility and an obligation to pay attention.

i wish more people did but most people are only interested in the latest 'celebrity' gossip.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't think the answer is a simple one. There is a lot at play here.

To start with, if you look at the numbers, the highest rated shows are single digit millions. Add them all up and you're still looking at less then 25 million. Well over 300 million aren't watching. I think those numbers fluctuate depending on events, but also keep in mind that a good percentage of those watching, don't trust the information.

It's the perception of credibility that sells it.

The older generation, who have flags on their lawns and get angry and any criticism of the government and don't use the internet to get other viewpoints make up a good part of that number too.

Media on a national level is absolutely manipulated, coordinated and work together to echo the desired effect. The combativeness of Conservative vs Liberal media is only there to drive wedges and at best settle lesser political infighting. For the really important trickery, they come together quite well.

Most importantly, people are lazy and don't care. Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television are all easy and get the stamp of approval by government and society in general and therefore you're in the "accepted" club by default in their mind. You have to work a little to get to other information, often criticized simply because it isn't sanctioned.

Not everyone is interested in the truth enough to work for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

true You cant blame people for trusting them, but there is 'trusting' and then there is total social blindness where people are silly enough to not notice what is real and whats not.

Take this Example : ...i was a bit younger when i seen this ...even i knew it was 'OFF' in some way....to believe tv and news like this is real there must be something wrong.

DUKE

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That's easy. Nobody. Be skeptical of everything you see, read, and hear. Listen to all sides, watch for any possible hidden agenda (there are a FEW sources that I've come across over the years that actually want to show the true story), and look for any contradictions. THEN you can decide whether or not you can believe what they say.

Yes I can. Most people are usually too lazy or incompetent perform so much as a Google search for more information. If they're unwilling to look for any other points of view than what they hear on CNN, BBC, FOX news, etc, then I am perfectly okay with blaming them.

Now, if on the other hand they actually do some research for other points of view and can't find any, then I don't blame them. But those people are in the severe minority, and I don't find many (except for every once in a while here on ATS).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
AMAZING, OP, thank you for reminding us of these events, some, like me, was not aware of it..
I was young when Yugoslavia happened..
My parents always had the news on in the mornings (no cartoons for me!), so all I really comprehended were the maps they would show.
We're near chicago, so we would watch the local WGN Morning News.
A bit more quirky than the other stations, the reporters and the anchors were all entertaining and laid back, I thought NBC and ABC were boring..
But that was before the national morning talk shows they have now, with the celebrities, and the super relevant pop culture centered stories, so much more fun!

Honestly, now the only news show I watch is The Daily Show..
The interviews are great, I totally love that they are mostly authors.
But Jon is constantly, constantly, showing clips of contradictions and "corrections" they announce.
FOX is notorious.
I don't watch FOX, so it's great to see the montages of idiocrity, the hateful trash they have flowing from their puppet traps.
So, so, so biast.

I really don't understand how they can believe the MSM, when there ARE sources out there that tell the truth...
I understand, these are our nation's news outlets, and you would want to give them the benefit of the doubt..
But time and time again, they spew lies and contradict their own values and beliefs that they are forcing on the droning minds attached to their television set.
((Personally, I like to read.
I like words.
The written language is beautiful.))
You will hear about a house fire, and minutes of interviews and reporters on the scene.
It's a tragedy, but the last thing the homeowners want is to broadcast the day their lives were ruined.
And then, only if it is something HUGE that they cannot cover up, will they speak about anything else that happened in the world.
And it's only a passing murmur of a sentence.
The deception, the illusions, the manipulation, the hate, it just makes me feel angrier than I have ever felt in my life.
I have tried hard to stay positive about things..
But this.
No, I cannot be positive.
So much happened when I was a child, that I only found out now as an adult.
Every.single.thing.I.learned.in.history.was.a.lie.
They made it pretty, admirable, valorous.
I love America, I love what it could be.
But TPTB and the MSM are basically a concrete block tied to our feet in the ocean that is consciousness.
As long as people keep listening and stop looking, we will only regress further..
All animals hear sounds.
Some better than we do.
But we have our vision for a reason.
And they want it to stay on that, now unnecessarily large, television set, and nowhere near that world around us.

So zombify yourself, glue your eyes to the box of light, but don't look away, for it will show you anything you desire, as long as you sit and stay.... Stay.
That's a good boy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lol, posting here, you are preaching to the converted my freind

you should put some youtube videos together about mainstream media lies.

I call them the "MUSHROOM MEDIA" becuase they feed you loads of sh*t and keep you in the dark.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reduced population? you serbs have reduced our population for 5 years over sarajevo yet you could never take it,only like cowerds from the mountains around the ity,come down and fight urban warfare,like some drunk serbs did from serbia,they put iron armor on them and went trough the city drunk and shooting at anything that moves,so the bosnian soldiers had to fire rpg's on them

we are bosnians,been there for over a thousand of years,always called ourselfs bosnians,boshnjani to be precise,bosniak is a international name...and here u are still fuming over the war,get over it,you tried to kill anything thats bosnian,and being that the majority is muslim u blamed it on islam...no my friend,before islam they were pagans,not christians but a independent people that your nobels tried to kill as well,like the nemanjic dinasty...and after he failed he went like a cowerd to his enemy in vatikan to beg him to start a crusade of bosnia coz he cant control it,we had a bosnian church ,and of course the majority is gona move to islam after years of opression before that...u also ahd to take a religion of the book acording to the turkish ottoman law,if you are not people of the book u can get killed ,so some moved to christianity and some to islam,the majority,again,and the majority is the heart and soul of the country,now go suck on a lemon

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

yes it is corect,all logistics and heavy weapons plus para millitary units came from where? bangladesh? you talk about islamists from arabia and elswhere,what about russian,greek and ukraina not to mention rumanian para militarys? do you want me to emberess you no and fidna yt clip of mladic requesting heavy weapons from serbia? and he got the assurence he will get them,he got them of course and then we regripued and if it wasnt fo nato and their stupid little airstrikes on you we would have finished the job,they said if we proceed they would bomb us,so thank nato u have your serbian republic that never existed in bosnia,ever...u created it out of nothing and yet you call bosnia artificial state,when it was the first ever document in a slavic language that was found was in bosnian language...yes,we dont like you,never will,my first gf was serbian...i like normal people,love them actualy,but most of u i dont like,scum of the dungeon,i dont like most bosnians eather dont get me wrong...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessofSwords
No, I cannot be positive.
So much happened when I was a child, that I only found out now as an adult.
Every.single.thing.I.learned.in.history.was.a.lie.
They made it pretty, admirable, valorous.
I love America, I love what it could be.
But TPTB and the MSM are basically a concrete block tied to our feet in the ocean that is consciousness.

You are poetic. And it bears repeating that Every.single.thing.I.learned.in.history.was.a.lie.
Yugoslavia is but one example. And it goes back way beyond when modern media started to exist.

"Open our eyes" I agree with if you mean it figuratively. Mainly we need to open our minds - in a way that we have never done before. Adam and Eve discovered their nakedness, we need to discover our ignorance, which comes from believing in "experts", (Even hen we go to the doctor we must consider ourselves as the decision maker because we own our body.) Experts act and speak according to their profession and the protocol they are obliged to obey.

The mainstream media has only brought that to a new level, one that will lead us to a new tyranny, not fascism but equally robbing of freedoms. Hitler once said "What luck for the rulers that people do not think."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You can blame them. In the age of Wikipedia and YouTube ignorance is a choice.

No more relying on political opponents claiming that George Bush is a member of Skull and Bones - you can hear and see him say it. You can now determine raw facts yourself.

You only need to THINK for yourself to figure out what it means, rather than to rely on somebody else telling what to believe.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

Sorry I missed your post before I posted mine. I wholeheartedly agree with your statements. Just like to add that we may look for who benefited most from any particular eventual outcome and we may be looking at who initiated the course of events.

new topics

top topics

join