It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Facebook doing real-time monitoring of your comments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would like to start out by saying that I know I'm new here, and usually threads are expected to come with lots of info. Sadly this is a thread dedicated to the responses. I haven't much to tell you except what I've been told, and I'd like to hear your input. My source is a straight up person, who I've never known to lie when it comes to her rights or anything of that nature.

A little while ago, a friend of mine named Larisa posted a comment into a shared link. While typing her comment, a message popped onto the screen, saying "If your comment is irrelevant or inappropriate, you may be be blocked from commenting on public posts. Please review your comment before posting." This happened before she hit post.

The shared link posting in which this occured is www.facebook.com...

Now, is this some server-to-server data exchange between the company that runs the original link and facebook? is this in the coding anywhere that anyone can see? I don't want to call it some huge conspiracy, but if this is Facebook policy stuff, I've never heard about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's called Ajax. Same technology that makes it possible to state "that username is taken" while still typing a username into a box. Same technology that makes Google render search results while you're still typing.

No conspiracy, just good web design.

edit on 9-4-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't doubt that it's exactly what's happening but I don't work for them so I wouldn't know, I'm just spectulating there. What I do know is that there are a lot of companies out there that monitor your emails, comments but they are scripts that are triggered by whatever word they have in their dictionary of things "to look for".

Hopefully someone here will be able to elaborate a bit more on what I just said.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Don't be freaked out when you post "death to israel" and see various cars start to follow you on the freeway. Its just facebook letting people who care know who to check on. Some companies outthere "Care".

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
I would like to start out by saying that I know I'm new here, and usually threads are expected to come with lots of info. Sadly this is a thread dedicated to the responses. I haven't much to tell you except what I've been told, and I'd like to hear your input. My source is a straight up person, who I've never known to lie when it comes to her rights or anything of that nature.

A little while ago, a friend of mine named Larisa posted a comment into a shared link. While typing her comment, a message popped onto the screen, saying "If your comment is irrelevant or inappropriate, you may be be blocked from commenting on public posts. Please review your comment before posting." This happened before she hit post.

The shared link posting in which this occured is www.facebook.com...

Now, is this some server-to-server data exchange between the company that runs the original link and facebook? is this in the coding anywhere that anyone can see? I don't want to call it some huge conspiracy, but if this is Facebook policy stuff, I've never heard about it.

That is not a facebook.com link. That is an amerika.org link. What are you on about?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart
Don't be freaked out when you post "death to israel" and see various cars start to follow you on the freeway. Its just facebook letting people who care know who to check on. Some companies outthere "Care".

lol this is hillarious... My sister and I "hack" eachother's facebooks all the time, and sometimes for fun i'll post things like "death to america" and "allah akbar" as her status, since she's uber conservative
no unmarked cars or black helicopters have been started following her that I know of.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart

Sure mate... like "they" have nothing more important to do than to keep track and bother to chase someone who posts "death to israel".

They dont have any more pressing issues. Really.

You know... sometimes its really hard to read some replies on ats...

top topics

join