It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Mayans: They are Alive and Under an Oppressive Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I first saw the documentary 2012:The Mayan Word a while back, and about 2 minutes into watching it I was like, "WHAT? They aren't dead?" O.o
The media has quieted their existence (its general portrayed that they are somehow "ancient" and gone, and as someone who tries to find out the truth, I asked a question that usually pays off to ask more than any other: Why?
I began to realize that it is because if people knew something about it, it might cause political issues.
I had to write an article in journalism, and that is the topic I chose. I think it sheds light on the way the "2012" prophecy is viewed by a lot of people. I see it as directly relating to why the 2012 thing is so misrepresented (not saying the 2012 thing is completely NOT true, but there is a lot of misinformation about it out there in the MSM) I typed it up, so I decided to do a quick copy and paste onto my website to go ahead and get it out there beyond my school.
secretwisdom.weebly.com...

I'd like to know what you guys think about this, and possibly if you can dig further into it and uncover some details that could be useful. (The people on this website tend to be able to find stuff I could probably never find in my life)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I can't see how something like this would even have a slim chance of happening. To many people traveling down there, tourist, medical and relegion visitors. Someone would of jumped on this in a heart beat. Even the tabloids would of snagged this story by now.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I thought the Mayans being alive was common knowledge. There have been numerous documentaries and interviews with them. In fact I believe there's a thread on that active now.

It's not hidden, the media aren't going to talk about the Mayans because they have no reason to. They ARE an ancient race, with a lot of interesting history.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mexico? lol but...

even Guatemala government isnt anywhere near as..

globally OPPRESIVE as USA, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If you do proper research you will find that this is happening. You can find many reliable resources which show this. The only thing I've seen that plainly states this is the documentary 2012:The Mayan Word, BUT if you do research and read between the lines you can find various sources which confirm this. There are lots of things that the media don't pay attention to. Mostly because people don't care (the same way that a lot of indian reservations are in really bad conditions but you don't hear about them a lot). And Media can easily be stifled. For example, most people don't know that the secret police in Russia slaughtered millions of Americans during the Great Depression. Not to say that their isn't information about these things. It just takes a while to dig up (its not that anyone lies about it, necessarily, its just that it doesn't get circulated much.) How those who want it kept quiet do it, I'm not sure. But there are lots of things that are slanted to look a certain way, (like the whole ordeal with Trayvon Martin). I don't know why the media would do this. But they do.
I'm not saying that EVERYONE didn't know that the Mayans were still alive, but most people think that they aren't. I've asked many people this and they say, "I thought they were dead." Media portrayal is what has made people think this. I cannot name an exact source that says this, but I can remember that thats what I thought all my life, and that is still what a lot of people think.
And yah, well, the US has had involvement with them in the past, so I'm not sure...I do know that a lot of the businesses there are United States corporations. But I cannot say for sure that the US is aware of this. But they just as well might not be. Answering that would just be an opinion, which I try to keep from making.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's not hidden, the media aren't going to talk about the Mayans because they have no reason to. editby]edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

And what do you mean no reason to? They have no reason NOT to do they?...except that they do, and that was all I was saying. We worry about all these people in Africa who don't have human rights, but we don't care about people in our own hemisphere, which the US said they would try to uphold democracy in.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
than not much has changed for them in thousands of years . They just aren't rueled by blood thirsty priest cast now ....OR are they ???

new topics

top topics

active topics

join