It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'blocks' official London 2012 Olympics website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Iran seems to have blocked the official website of the London 2012 Olympic Games. Please see below:

(BBC) Iran appears to have blocked the official website for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Users in Iran have tweeted that they are unable to connect to london2012.com and are instead redirected to peyvandha.ir - a site offering stories from Iran's official news agencies.

The blockediniran.com website confirms that most users in Iran are unlikely to be able to see the Olympics web pages.

Iran's ministry of foreign affairs did not reply to a request for comment.

www.bbc.com...

What do you think of this? On the surface, it seems to me like another pathetic attempt by the mainstream media to demonise Iran. However, it seems like the BBC are clutching at straws with this one.
edit on 9-4-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea to block anything having to do with the 2012 Olympics. IF something happens during the games, guess what will happen? Everyone who ever wrote anything questionable about the Olympics will be arrested & questioned as a potential terrorist, stripped, held without bail, the whole gambit.

I'm probably on a list now just writing what I did about it. I won't be watching the games at all, I probably won't even turn my TV on all Summer.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
wha?
so no iranians will tune in to see me kick usain bolts butt in 100ms?
even if im not a registered competitor i will race him from sidelines n destroy him!!
just you guys watch
"crazy spectator at london games beats main competitor from the stands WEARING SLIPPERS!"

join