It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro Cup 2012 Is Underway: Prizes Are Up to $34 Million

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

neformore ran one during the last World Cup, I think it was the Sky Sports one.
Perhaps he could help you?

I'll try to dig the thread out.
edit on 6/6/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah I'll ask him as well. I'm pretty busy with work as well right now but still, I really do like the idea of starting something up though, or having something be set up even. I think It could be a lot of fun on ATS and a pretty welcome escape from the seriousness around here.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Here's the link to the World Cup Fantasy League.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It makes a good read as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The goalkeeper and back four more or less pick themselves now......I really think that's our weak spot.......Terry has always been found out against top class opposition and Lescott, whilst being solid enough, is unspectacular and not top drawer.

As I typed before I would go with Jagielka and Lescott. The same paring who kept out Spain

What I can't understand is even if we accept the Rio decision was made for footballing reasons why wasn't Micah Richards called up? He's had a good season at Man City, can play at right back and centre half and has never let England down whenever selected. His omission is quite unbelievable.

I personally can see why he did not take Richards. He got injured in January and was replaced by Zabeleta, when he regained his fitness he was not selected and did not feature in the run in. He is a good player, but tends to get himself out of position a lot. Roy decided to take Johnson (who I would start with) and Jones, I can understand that. Richards will get plenty more chances.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

fantasyfootballeuros.football365.com...

This is free to enter and you can create 2 teams.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am already playing.

Created a league for us.

League name:
AboveTopSecret

Pin:

Get involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Are we in agreement with Peruvianmonk's league? If we are we mights aswel get cracking.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I tried to log in and it told me there was an invalid pin?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

......when he regained his fitness he was not selected and did not feature in the run in....

And Kelly, who is Johnson's understudy did?

Jones is a great prospect and has the potential to be a world class player, but this is too soon.
The pressure got to him a bit in the title run in - if Smalling had been fit he would have been a better shout.

That's one of the beauty's about football; we all have an opinion and as revealing as they can be at times we aren't obsessed with statistics which I think have a tendency to anesthetitize the sport.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

That's one of the beauty's about football; we all have an opinion and as revealing as they can be at times we aren't obsessed with statistics which I think have a tendency to anesthetitize the sport.

I totally agree, most people will look at games/goals/assists throughout the season and will decide who the best player is just via that. If you look at English left backs you will see that Baines has a far superior Goals/assist ratio than Cole which many will argue makes him the best in the country (most of my mates agree too) but his defending, while not altogether poor, also leaves alot to be desired. But Cole has the entire package and will graft his heart out for his club and country, class is permanent as they say.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Did you sign up to the site and create a team first?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I just clicked Peruvian's link, chose my players, clicked proceed and then registered, then joined the league after registration. All worked fine.

Have you actually registered or by any chance are you trying to sign in with the league name and pin?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have no answer to the Kelly call up. It is a strange one, apparently he can play center back as well.

As for Henderson coming in for Lampard, although he has not had a smashing season for Liverpool (an understatement) I cannot think of another center mid England could have called upon?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I can think of a few Centre Mids i would have picked above Henderson, mainly Nolan (West Ham), he is a quality player, I am bemused by his lack of England call-up... Obviously if Wilshere were available he would have been in there with out a doubt

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Nolan?!

I don't wish to denigrate the Championship as it is a very good league, but you really need top flight players playing for England.

Nolan maybe a few years ago when he was at his height with Bolton. However, that was at a time when England were blessed with several very good central mids.

I cannot think of many other realistic English central mid options. At least Henderson has a small amount of experience being in the England squad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yes. 'cause my Fantasy Football-Fu is strong, young padawan

It may have thrown a hissyfit. I'll try again.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I still think he has more than enough to offer in the Premier League next season and would boss any midfielder, I watched him play twice last season and many times on tv and was impressed by his ability.

I'm not sure who is injured and so on but: Huddlestone, Rodwell, J. Cole.

Actually it is bloody hard to find any other that are slightly good enough haha.

Carrick and Scholes are the only other two but neither want to play for England anymore

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Yeh I checked on the ones you have mentioned. Huddlestone has played 4 games this season and Rodwell is out for the season. Joe Cole? Maybe, dunno if he can be trusted in a centre mid role.

I think being in France no-one took any notice of him, which is silly really. Thing is Hodgson would not have been able to send a scout out to watch him as the season was over!

Lets just hope Gerrard & Parker stay fit (which is hoping alot giving their respective injury records!)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sussed it.

The crack is this - don't copy/paste. It throws it out. You have to type the stuff in.

My team is in now

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well done nef, it was taxing but it was worth it!

Maybe one of you should set a new thread up just for the fantasy league so we can post our teams and rip in to each other poor decisions!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join