It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Outside Us Or Within Us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Starchild23

All is consciousness. Consciousness is within. All is within.

All is not consciousness, because you can observe something that is not conscious through your own consciousness, and when you are not conscious, anything that is can observe you. And even if you were both unconscious, you would both exist, you just wouldn't be aware of it.

In fact, when you are asleep, you are often largely unaware of your own existence, but your consciousness is still there.

Hence, your thesis is largely invalid.

There isn't anything that isn't consciousness. If you are unconscious, you are still consciousness that will reawaken to itself. You aren't unconscious, you are unaware. Unaware of your self. Your self is consciousness and everything is that. All matter and all energy.

Yes, but do you know why? Can you tell me why all matter and all energy is consciousness?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yes, but do you know why? Can you tell me why all matter and all energy is consciousness?

Yes I do.

There is hardly anything substantial to the universe. A single atom is 99.9999999999999% empty space.

The universe as a whole is like that too.

But we don't exist in a way where we observe empty space. We see in terms of the non-emptiness. In our observational world, everything is not mostly empty space, although it really is. Why is that?

It has to do with relativity. If we shrunk down to the size of a proton, we would see the emptiness of an atom, but if we grew to the size of the atom, we would not see the emptiness within ourselves and the atoms around us would be our world of observation where we would observe their occupying forms within that space and not the empty space that makes them up.

The rule to remember is that emptiness is only observed directly in objects greater than you. So even though atoms are nearly 100% emptiness, we can't tell. But we can see that the larger universe is nearly 100% emptiness.

Observations are relative. Even though the entire universe is nearly 100% emptiness, to us it seems like it isn't empty at all.

To summarize, the fullness of the universe is possible by the relativity of consciousness. Without consciousness, relativity would not exist. Without relativity and therefore without consciousness, the universe would be seen for what it is. Nearly 100% emptiness. To me, this seems to indicate that 100% minus the 99.9999999999999% emptiness of the universe equals the consciousness that has the sole ability to say contrary to the truth, "This is not empty". Therefore, all form is one of the many forms of consciousness.

The important thing to learn from this is that EVERYTHING that you call anything is alive. There is one consciousness presenting itself in many forms. This is the next big scientific discovery that we should be working towards.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not only what I said in the above reply, but also:

Life forms emerge as reproductive. The very first life form that emerged emerged already equipped with the knowledge that it should reproduce. Think about that. Its as if it knew that it was something that was going to need to make copies of itself. Why? Because that is the nature of life. It is intelligent energy. It is always learning and always growing. So when it emerged, it was also already a part of that growing process. The universe as seemingly "inanimate" grew into animate forms. So how can something grow if it is not already intelligent energy? It can't. So the universe as an "inanimate" form must also be life itself.

Life can't come from something not alive. It doesn't happen that way and it never has. Life is a reproductive growing process and the big bang was that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Not only what I said in the above reply, but also:

Life forms emerge as reproductive. The very first life form that emerged emerged already equipped with the knowledge that it should reproduce. Think about that. Its as if it knew that it was something that was going to need to make copies of itself. Why? Because that is the nature of life. It is intelligent energy. It is always learning and always growing. So when it emerged, it was also already a part of that growing process. The universe as seemingly "inanimate" grew into animate forms. So how can something grow if it is not already intelligent energy? It can't. So the universe as an "inanimate" form must also be life itself.

Life can't come from something not alive. It doesn't happen that way and it never has. Life is a reproductive growing process and the big bang was that.

You made sense up until this post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
why does there always have to be a god? I never understand your reasoning behind this god thing.

Reasoning leads to the idea of a first/last cause, a center and a source, with an intentionality or a purpose, which is the condition we find ourselves in, as included in the whole of creation. The idea of a purely spontaneous, and entirely random, mindless creative process lacking in any intelligence whatsoever, makes no sense in light of the evidence all around us, that's it in part, the rest involving the knowledge or gnosis of personal spiritual experience.

Try this - let's say you've not been sleeping very well and are having the occasional nightmare or sudden awakenings in the night. PRAY before bed earnestly, asking for a deep and peaceful sleep without any restless dreams and see what happens..

But in general reason is the means by which faith is initiated. It's like a quantum leap of reason and logic into a new domain based on a type of supra-rationalism, until reason is exhausted, and true gnosis kicks in, and then you just KNOW that God is real.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Remember that the Bible contradicts itself at every turn.

Books dont turn.

Originally posted by Starchild23Essentially, it traps us into choosing what to believe

Books dont trap either.

Originally posted by Starchild23...but then here's the question:

If we believe it, does that make it the truth? Or do we choose the self-imposed lie over truth?

Both.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
A good view: OSHO - God or Godliness(Consciousness)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
In the gospel of Saint Luc it is said that the kingdom of God is within Man. Not one Man, or a group of Men, but all Men.

So you speak the truth OP. God is Within.

Essentially, it traps us into choosing what to believe...but then here's the question:

If we believe it, does that make it the truth? Or do we choose the self-imposed lie over truth?

I don't believe everything in the Bible, only some of it, the parts that 'make sense'. I view the Bible more as a guide anyway, than a fact-based true story. Of course there are the morals that I disagree with like 'Gay people go to Hell', or 'Abraham sacrifices his son to show loyalty to God' and other such nonsense.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I’ve been thinking a lot about how human beings perceive God. We tend to imagine God as something larger than ourselves. We think about Gob being outside of ourselves, as if we are contained within God. God created the universe, and since we are inside of the universe, the universe must be inside God.

What if we are looking for God in the wrong place? We spend, or at least I do, so much time looking at the stars trying to see the edge of the universe expecting to find God there. Perhaps God isn’t out there. Maybe God is inside of us? I feel that we spend too much time looking for God in the cosmos, that is, in things greater than us, but we don’t spend as much time pondering the fact that we too are the sum of many. Organs. Cells. Atoms. Quarks. Is not the infinitely small just as important as the infinitely big? Without the small, I say there is no large. Without atoms, there are no cells, and no organs and no organisms.

My point is this: Since everything grows and starts from something smaller than itself, the sperm / egg for example, shouldn’t we look for god within the material voids of ourselves, and not that which surrounds us such as the cosmos. I am in no way undermining the awesome sight of heavenly bodies, I just think that the world that is too small to be seen is just as important as the world too big and too far away to be seen, if not more important.

Is God outside or inside? For the record, I am not religious, but I do think this applies to anyone who considers the existence of anything that could be called in any light a “God.”

To quote the Bible, which is a book I have not read in the better part of decade and is also a book that I consider just as important as any other religious text, “He who does to the least of my brothers, does unto me.” Perhaps god is the smallest of all creation.

edit on 8-4-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

Post response edit: Think of Derrida's Transcendental Signified.
edit on 8-4-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

Personally I think of God as everything in space/time existence. All the known and unknown type of matter, energy and dimensions. It solves many problems for me(if God is everything, then God is able to know everything. If God knows everything, God will be able to "foresee" the future[past+present=future]). And to me, hell would be to be outside God.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

In the gospel of Saint Luc it is said that the kingdom of God is within Man. Not one Man, or a group of Men, but all Men.

So you speak the truth OP. God is Within.

Essentially, it traps us into choosing what to believe...but then here's the question:

I don't believe everything in the Bible, only some of it, the parts that 'make sense'. I view the Bible more as a guide anyway, than a fact-based true story. Of course there are the morals that I disagree with like 'Gay people go to Hell', or 'Abraham sacrifices his son to show loyalty to God' and other such nonsense.

Abraham didn't sacrifice his son, an Angel stopped him. Also, it doesn't say that Gay people go to hell in any particular words, just that the Creator finds homosexuals to be disgusting in general(look at Homosexual parades and the lack of real pride, decency and beauty, mostly just ugliness all around + the hyper promiscuity, and the sheer level of violence in lesbian relationships[added the urge to destroy heterosexual society homosexuals have[force homosexuality onto heterosexuals, the real crime of Sodom and Gomorrah, a crime homosexuals have committed in every civilization that tolerated them]).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join