It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative outlook on the Law of Attraction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm going to assume that most posters here know about the Law of Attraction, whether you believe it or not is another story. Anyways...

My question is;

What if you're not really attracting anything? What if all events in life are actually scripted and you are (consciousness, awareness, etc) here to experience and witness said events, and what you're really doing is tapping into divine alignment and getting a glimpse of what is to come, of what is planned?

This is, of course very negotiable, especially because we like to believe that we have free will (whether we do or not is negotiable, but we'll save that discussion for another thread).

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Answer: Then it is like that.
Not sure what you would like to debate/discuss since anything is possible and we are just speculating. You would have to specify what exactly you are trying to find out with your question, is it about if we are living in a scripted world? Then we would have to assume there is someone making this decisions for you to follow so before we answer this question we would have to ask whether there is someone doing so.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

If it's really scripted then this thread is pointless. So is life for that matter.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Answer: Then it is like that.

What a great answer and wholly harmonious with the law of attraction! If one believes that they are helplessly bound by fate and merely just an observer, then this is what they've attracted, or manifested in their own life.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If I understand it correctly, the OP's conjecture is basically a permutation of the "free will versus determinism" argument, one of the oldest in Western philosophy.

I find it a somewhat irrelevant argument, personally. It's hard to explain why I feel this way, but an imperfect analogy might be set up as follows: Imagine a road winding across a landscape, down which a man walks. From the man's point of view, the road streches ahead, and he can't see the whole thing. Now imagine a bird overhead. From the birds-eye view, the road seems flat and already determined, laid out as if on a map. Asking whether we have free will or whether our path is determined is a little like asking: "Which view is the "real" view - the man's or the birds" ? Its basically a meaningless question. If you take the flow of time out of the picture, it all seems static and predetermined. But experienced from within the flow of time, it's more like view the man sees in front of him through his own two eyes. It's not a matter of one being correct and the other being incorrect. Like I said the analogy is imperfect and if you lean on it too hard it will crack, but if you take it analogically it points the way to understanding why free will vs. determinism is a moot point.

And that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

the problem in the op is the confusion u insist to establish as a fact between freedom and reality

in existence, what is real is free and what is free is real

so it is a kind of superior correlation between freedom and realtiy that justify existence facts so freedom and reality in existence are always separated, so never one
reality is to truth existing value freedom is to individual rights existing value

that is why u dont see how the most u r condition to appear as smthg the most u r then a fact free, it is a fact, the more u r not what do ur reality the more u are outside of it totally

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
We attract what we are, not what we want. That's really all there is to the law of attraction, unless you're talking about physics.

Anyways, joy attracts joy, sorrow attracts sorrow, and so on. People naturally, and often unknowingly, self-seek in other people; we look for traits in others that coincide with our own traits in order to form a connection.

It should be noted that what you attract and what you are attracted to can be absolutely different things.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Simple explanation so I thinketh so it be….You think it’s a script so it be. You think you attracted things so you did. You think I’m wrong or right so I am….

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
We do have free will, though it is very finite and easily drained. We run on autopilot throughout most daily routines, requiring little to no willpower. Willpower, which enables free will, could be thought to be like a "mana bar" in a video game; we can "cast" will power and impose our will in our decision making, though as a result some of our willpower is drained. Will increases with practice and exercise, as does any mental or physical muscle, though untrained willpower often robs lives of free will.

Basically, whether we have free will depends on how often we execute our willpower. Some people are very in control of their lives and decisions, others less so. It's a hard, unending journey, but one worth embarking on.

As for the concept of a divine plan, I doubt there is any way to really know. I have pondered whether this has all happened before and we've simply returned to this time period to witness or change our fate. I also think of time as an unending timeline which forks every time a decision is made. Minor decisions/events bearing little to no impact obvious do not stray us from the main path for long, if at all, though major decisions/events, such as those which begin wars and slay or stifle important people, can throw us onto a different timeline entirely. It's hard to articulate, but think of a path which forks then rejoins, then forks, then rejoins, then forks and creates two paths which fork, then rejoin, ad nauseum:

Kind of like this:

........._____=====______===____
-----

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

what u r meaning is evil life through existence creations as the opposition to existence truth

yes in that dimension of free means wills have powers through evil powerful life, but it is not all existence fact, since true existence is real even if not really free
and that is confirmed by the fact that u know are gonna die beside ur wills

join