It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silent Thunder Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ack! I am the sort when reading a good book, begins to grieve as the pages turn, realizing that the end is coming and this wonderful new world I have discovered is not one I will be allowed to live in. There begins a terrible push pull, knowing that the end is coming, but greedy to read more. Sometimes the grief is sharp and prolonged because, books can be that good, can take you to places you can never go, can show you worlds you can never live in it, can bring you joy.
I am sad that you have written The End on your story. It is such a good one. What an incredible life you have lived. It has been a pleasure walking beside you, seeing the pictures you painted for us. Please give us more. Thank you so very very much for having the courage, and the ability, to share.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
An amazingly compelling story considering it has no specifics whatsoever. Imagine how much more compelling it would be if you had not skipped all the good parts. I personally see no reason why you can't actually tell the whole story. Of course, no one can make you do so, but you could change a few facts to protect the guilty easily enough.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you so much for reading. It took a lot out of me to write this, I feel like I ran a marathon or something after I wrote this, even though its not too long.

Your kind words mean a lot to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
An amazingly compelling story considering it has no specifics whatsoever. Imagine how much more compelling it would be if you had not skipped all the good parts. I personally see no reason why you can't actually tell the whole story. Of course, no one can make you do so, but you could change a few facts to protect the guilty easily enough.

I agree... this was almost like the "teaser" or trailer for the book.
Just as you get into one part, wanting to know why he didn't see lisa again or what happened in uzbek... we don't find out and on we go..

:shk:

Come on Silent Thunder...

Spill the beans

(That actually was very interesting mate and I'm sure very difficult to write)
edit on 25/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for your comment...made me smile.

I had a...friend, I guess you could say, who never liked to explain himself when something went awry. Could be anything from small to serious, but when people asked him what had happened, he always gave the same answer, very deadpan: "Some heavy s**** went down in the desert, man." None of us knew what desert he was talking about, and he gave this answer to every question from "Why didn't you pick up the meat from the grocers?" to "how could you have lost all that money?" It made no sense at all, and yet somehow it was often the perfect answer. So to whit, even though no real deserts figure into my story, that's the answer I tender to questions I don't feel like answering for whatever reason: "Some heavy s**** went down in the desert, man." Consider the referent the desert of my soul, if you like, ha-ha.

Anyways, I have to leave a few cards in my hand unrevealed. Perhaps those tales will be told another time.

Thanks again for the interest.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Na I know man... I hear ya.
I'm sure just writing what you did was very difficult and you feel like you got drunk and naked and streaked through ATS.

No worries man.

Just curious and enquiring minds always thirst for more.

And if you do write an actual book.. you may have to reveal some of the juicier bits.

Name and location/date changes will obviously be applied... but still.

We want more

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've had to come back and reread your story ST. It's like you served an exquisite buffet, first time through wasn't enough. I've made a second round to glean tasty nuggets I missed before. Though I now feel sated for the time being, I can already feel twinges of hunger for more, building deep in the belly of my mind. I'll return again, to look for crumbs I may have overlooked.

Thanks for the adventure, your devoted fan,

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join