It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hermeticism & Spirituality.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by LeftySinister

I wasn't/am not very advanced. I had meditated on and off for some time, but that's about it. I have always been extra sensitive, always had powerful energy.

I kind of just went right into it, thinking it was all fake magic imagination time..
It's not fake though. Magic is something I would classify as Will Power applied to consciousness/energy.
I guess you could say I rushed it

I don't even meditate anymore. I drink alcohol and eat sugar to make sure my spiritual energy doesn't get to high.
In this way I am shut off from "their" turf. There are dark beings who don't like enlightened humans. They know they only have more power than you in your current state. You can far surpass them though, thank God for that, literally.

At some point now that I am more mature, I'm going to go back into this realm.

Wrote this right around when I quit:

After that time that my body said "Hi God." beyond my control, and energy shot up my spine, my nerves, and brain chemistry were very much altered.
Now I would need to be even stronger to be able to handle the insane amount of energy I can conjure, but not quite control.

There is a bridge in meditation I need to cross to gain such control, but before I get there, I will be left open defenseless to my own mind and other, even, DARK energies...

If you get into this stuff make sure you are learning how to defend yourself psychically. Things like grounding, shielding, and others. Jesus helps in emergencies as well. All you have to do is ask.

Awesome. Thanks for the great info
I've always been sensitive to energies which is why I started seeking. Every time I've tried to shut them out, though, they would not be ignored.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Did you perform any banishing rituals prior to any of your meditations/workings? If you're not banishing and purifying the room, I could see that leaving you open and more vulnerable to attacks

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

As I said I rushed into it thinking all those things (magic/demons/ghosts/spirit/soul/god) were fake.

So no I did not. I wish I had done so.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I will be happy to co-sign the Kybalion. Although a short read, it is a really good little book and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in Hermeticism. Very refreshing ro see people discuss and enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th
I will be happy to co-sign the Kybalion. Although a short read, it is a really good little book and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in Hermeticism. Very refreshing ro see people discuss and enjoy it.

I concur, developing a working understanding of the principles as given in the Kybalion is essential IMO to both Hermeticism and magic in general.

As quotes go my favorite is by stand-up magician Lon Milo "It`s all in your head.. You just have no idea how big your head is"

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've read the Kybalion. It opened up a new world of thinking for me. I have been teaching my teenage daughters about these principles. I wish I had been introduced to this when I was their age.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join