It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: The Spiritual Life of Water - Its Power and Purpose by Alick Bartholomew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I listened to the Red Ice Creations interview of Lucy Wyatt recently where I learned about her upcoming Eternal Knowledge Festival that she is going to host on her property in England. Looking at the list of speakers for the event I saw the name Jane Cobbald who will be speaking on the topic of agriculture, electromagnetism, and the use of copper. Electromagnetism is something that interests me so I goodled her name and ended up learning about this book. I loved the title so I bought it on Amazon Kindle.

Here are screen shots of the Table of Contents:

I'm hoping maybe some members have read this book and would like to compare notes. Otherwise, maybe the Table of Contents can be a springboard for discussion.

Water is a fascinating topic. I'm learning to appreciate it for both the science and the spirituality of it. In chapter fourteen, "Water as a Communication Channel," Bartholomew says this:

We are mistaken to regard the brain as the source of wisdom. Its role is more like that of a computer designed to cope with the daily demands of survival, rational deduction, and other important individual functions. Consciousness exists on two levels: ordinary consciousness is a brain function, whereas elevated, or collective (that is, nonindividual), cosmic consciousness is a function of the whole body, mediated by water. Our biological water, which is connected to the vast watery network of the wisdom of the cosmos, is the key to our inner knowledge, of which our central nervous system is an integral part.

~~~~

Bartholomew, Alick (2011-01-14). The Spiritual Life of Water: Its Power and Purpose (p. 198). Inner Traditions Bear & Company. Kindle Edition.

Lots of good stuff in this book! Very thought provoking, I think. Water is also a depressing subject, considering the fact that wars are anticipated over it - just like oil

On a positive note is focusing on things like water vortexing.
I'm thinking of buying one of these from sulis-health.co.uk:

The Double-Egg Water Vortexer

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Great stuff. Thank you for bring it to our attention.

It's funny that people think of water as a non-entity, something to be controlled by any number of means. When we broadly (re)gain respect and understanding of it, we will have made strides to becoming an intelligent species.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have often described the human species as walking bags of water. Water is my favorite medium of meditation - a stream, fountain, reflecting pools, sound of rain - all are very conducive to relaxed states of being.
Interesting sounding book and one I will have to read soon.
S&F

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow, I'd never imagined such a comprehensive book on water!
Sounds like a fascinating read, thanks for sharing.

Makes me thirsty........

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

On a positive note is focusing on things like water vortexing.
I'm thinking of buying one of these from sulis-health.co.uk:

The Double-Egg Water Vortexer

Something made me re-visit that website last night, and when I did I noticed that Alick Bartholomew has made a new YouTube video demonstrating the three different vortexers that are for sale on the site:

I decided not to order the Double-Egg Water Vortexer but to order the Aqua Vortex, instead. I think it will be simple and easy for me to use.

top topics

join