It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financiers and Sex Trafficking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Themselves, their buddies and investors silly.

So, I suppose you would include Joe Shmoe in that group, since he happens to be invested in a mutual fund or 401(k) that has some Village Voice Media in its portfolio, or some other investments with links to some nefarious dealings?

Like I said, sounds like a stretch to me. But, what the hell, you all have your fun jumping onto something with little substance, just because you don't like the target.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Just seems a little suspicious to me. I'm curious, does the article provide info on what percentage of Village Voice Media's income is generated by Backpage? In other words, if it is even say 25%, that would mean Goldman Sachs (for whom I have no particular interest, by the way) only has a 4% stake in Backpage. Or, so logic would say.

If it's 0.0000000000000001% it's too much and the perps deserve a gunshot to the skull.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
If it's 0.0000000000000001% it's too much and the perps deserve a gunshot to the skull.

Wow! What is it the left is always saying about the violent rhetoric of the Tea Party?

Maybe that explains DHS contracting a company to provide them 450 million rounds of .40 cal. hollow points. If you want to execute every single American who owns even that fraction of a company who might even remotely be linked by the thinnest thread to an illegal enterprise.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Do you have a 401(k)? Do you know where every penny of your investment is allocated? Be careful what you ask for, you might just be the proud owner of 0.00000000000001% (or whatever you said) of some African blood diamond mine.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

The Tea Party?!? I'm a hard-core communist, not some lightweight Democrat. I advocate the dismantling of the entire capitalist system. Democrats, Republicans, Tea Partiers alike are all the same, and all equally at fault for perpetrating a corrupt and evil system. As far as I am concerned there is zero difference between Bush and Obama. They are both capitalist stooges. Your electoral politics are the rearranging of the deck-chairs on the Titanic. The ballot box is a suggestion box for slaves, nothing more.

The entire capitalist system needs to be dismantled precisely because it allows things like this to happen. Precisely because it implicates normal people in terrible crimes through partial ownership of companies and things like blood diamonds. Under the dictatorship of the proletariat, all that would be swept away.

I advocate the end to all corporations, stockholdings, finance as we know it, and the tepid US electoral system with its multiple parties.

edit on 4/1/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I signed that petition on change.org a few days ago. I DOUBT those who are responsible for this disgusting 'business' will be held accountable for any actions.

I continue to lose all faith in humanity when I read stories like this one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join