It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Weather Weird or What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have heard you can be struck by lightning even when there's no storm around I guess it's true here's the story.
We pedestrians have to watch out for alot these days from hit and run drivers to now stray bolt of lightening? (What gives?) I walk because the bus service is terrible and the cost of gas is high some people do it to "reduce their carbon footprint" I do it because of not much other option. Walking is good exercise so is jogging.
The article gives tips about avoiding lightening strike but how do you do that when you don't know there's a storm around?

(Sorry for no embed for video don't have latest version of flash)

Hannah Rand

Donna Deas was exiting her car in Hialeah, Florida, when a bolt suddenly hit the ground near where she was standing.Both she and her husband James were knocked out by the blast, which occurred on March 15.There was no warning sign that the freak incident might happen as it wasn't raining or even stormy in the area.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 31-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: punctuation

edit on 31-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods I've seen both rain and snow with the sun shining through. It's rare occurrence though.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It happens when the Devil beats his wife.
At least that's what my granpa told me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
craziest thing i've ever seen was a lightning storm during a blizzard. it was nutty ans aweful at the same time. true story!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
In my neck of the woods I've seen both rain and snow with the sun shining through. It's rare occurrence though.

Sounds like perfectly average weather for where i live.

We also have big swings in weather. Sometimes we might have clear skies to only have a snow storm 20 mins later, then clear skies 20 mins later, then snow storm and so on...

top topics

join