It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier dies saving Afghan girl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
when will you understand that that if we are not "over there" they will be "over here" .

That is what's wrong with the world today. We look at national policy and forget that there are real people with real feelings that are doing what they can in an INSANE situation. I don't think this is an isolated event. People, even service people, especially maybe, are in a very precarious situation there. I hope his sacrifice isn't forgotten.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I dont think we have done more bad than good around the world. I think we are a shining light across the globe. Many believe that we are over there just randomly killing people. The recent tragedy that was caused by one misguided soldier was unfortunate. To me it just seems that the general public focuses on these situations. I understand why. its sensational and it directs hate. I know that during my tours over there i and my guys have shown incredible restraint in situations that could have ended our lives. There is a saying in these countries that we occupy. Kill americans and they will bring money, food and supplies. believe me when i say it this. The people of iraq and afghanistan have benefitted from our presence there in so many ways. me and guys like me dont make policy we enforce it. Yes it is ugly what we do but the backlash against the military is unfair and unpatriotic. The kind of comments that i see on ATS are disheartening. Try to talk bad about the government or the military in some other countries. They would throw you in jail or worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thank you im glad to see someone understands what we deal with.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
May his death absolve him of his sin of taking part in the occupation of Afghanistan.
If this story is indeed true and not just an invention to compensate for the latest massacre of Afghan families.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The reason we dont hear of such things is because the media wants to control your perspective, plain and simple. Think about it...why dont we hear of courageous cops who actually do their job? Why dont we hear of soldiers such as this one who risk their lives for good? Why is it that we only hear of the bad decisions these men in uniform make? e.g. Recent rampage in Afghanistan, countless replays of police brutality- I believe it comes down to divide and conquer. The people in power want there to be division between citizens and military, so that when martial law is declared the military men will have no problem detaining/opening fire on us... just look at OWS, most protesters are ignorant and curse and scream at the cops, of course the cops are going to become hostile and enjoy bashing their heads in. Only through realizing that we are ALL victims of this prison planet will be free ourselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join