It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

86 year old woman doing gymnastics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
STORY

Yes, she's 86 years old. Though we won't see her compete in London with that routine, as women don't compete on the parallel bars, she did pull out some impressive strength and flexibility moves.

Quass' exhibition was part of an event that did feature two Americans who are potential Olympians in 2012. Paul Ruggeri and John Orozco won silver and bronze medals for their work on the high bar. But there is no question who walked away from the event the biggest star: Joanna Quass and her inspiring routine.

i think this is phuggin awesome! 86 years old and can still get around like this!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

That's awesome, she must love gymnastics, its amazing what one does when its their passion in life!

Good find! S

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Wow what an inspiring story/video clip. Just goes to show that taking care of yourself and keeping your physical body agile really works. What an achievement for her. Thanks for posting.

Much Peace...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
thanks for this!! this is just the inspirational thing I need to show to my grandmother. she is walking bad at that age and her doctors give her a ton of prescriptions that don't help. being active is the answer.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Being active is only the answer if you are in good health. Many elderly, even some who are younger, have bone loss, joint problems and can tear or break bones or harm their joints so easily. Overdoing anything can also cause illness which can lead to complications.

So, doing things in a refined reduced modified manner is very important for anyone who is physically challenged.

One thing that seems to help with joint pain is virgin or extra virgin coconut oil, about a tbsp a day. If you have a hard time swallowing pills then take it at the time you take vitamins, swallow a little then dip each pill into this, and finish off with more.

top topics

join