It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 arrested in French police raids, Sarkozy says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

19 arrested in French police raids, Sarkozy says

www.cnn.com

The arrests took place in Toulouse, Marseille, Nantes, Lyon and the Ile de France region, around Paris, the Interior Ministry said.
Authorities have not said that any of those arrested were directly linked to Merah.
Sarkozy told Europe 1 that the decision to act had been taken by the interior minister and foreign minister "to deny the entry of certain people to France" who did not share the country's values.
"It's not just linked to Toulouse. It's all over the country. It's in connection with a form of radical Islam, and it's in agreement with the law," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sooo this story goes on to say

Speaking to French media, he said the raids targeted people who have made the claim online that they are "mujahedeen," or Islamist fighters, and support "an extremely radical ideology."
The authorities' decision to swoop was in part based on the suspects' claims that they had received paramilitary training, Gueant said.

Am I to gather that the beginning of round ups has begun in France? How far is this gonna go? How long before this spreads?

I have at least 3 people on my Facebook whose birth last name is "mujahideen"..

How do you support the radical islamic ideology, when specifics have not really been identified, therefore leaving it to be an unmolded piece of clay getting people arrested.

And does common sense escape these individuals, allowing them to change their Facebook status to "XXX XXXX 19 minutes ago - JUST GOT DONE MY PARAMILITARY TRAINING... WHEW TIRED, I'M GONNA GRAB A COUPLE OF COLD ONES..."

Not to mention the holes in the Merah story that still haven't been filled in...

I'm just saying, slippery slope... very slippery..
www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

got game

join