It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 2012-03-28.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Moon 2012-03-28.
Equipment Celestron Nexstar 8" SE
Put it on Full HD sit back and enjoy

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a wonderful set of images! Thank you for taking the time to share. I do have a quick question for scale though. Forgive my ignorance of lunar features, but those round features you zoom in on there. What are the size of those in terms of scale for the view? I don't know if those are miles across or 10's of miles? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What a wonderful set of images! Thank you for taking the time to share. I do have a quick question for scale though. Forgive my ignorance of lunar features, but those round features you zoom in on there. What are the size of those in terms of scale for the view? I don't know if those are miles across or 10's of miles? Thanks!

Brilliant question, and great thread.
S&F

Edit: my guess would be largest craters are city size.
Atmospheres are excellent!
edit on 29-3-2012 by HumansEh because: Final edit

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

great vid. can you tell me what the music is?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nice scope and captures.

I've always been curious as to why all craters appear to be of the same depth on Luna. A crater can be 1/32th of a mile wide, or 40 miles wide, they always look roughly the same depth. Odd, isn't it? ...some questions are best left unanswered...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

WOW! Great video! Thanks for "Moonin'" us!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

S+F
Totally awesome film!!

The detail is incredible-I was out last night as well,but there was a thin high mist.
Even so,your scope and camera are better than my setup-Sharper images,and loads less atmospheric distortion.

Hope you don't mind a few questions-
What country did you film from?
What camera do you use?
How did you do the odd sideways business at 2.20 onwards?

Watching your video was like a Hi Def deja vu for me-I captured some of the same areas of the moon last night,just not as crisply as you did.
Here is the vid I made,please excuse the screen format changes,dodgy editing,wobbly focus and the background sounds..

I just noticed you have other awesome vids on your youtube channel,I can't wait to watch tomorrow.
Maybe you could also give me some advice about a good solar filter-I want to try to capture the transit of Venus in June if I can.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all the nice comments

@Wrabbit2000 & HumansEh

Indeed some of them are city size.
They range in size from a few meters to more than 250 kilometers. the one i showed in close-up has a range 98 km!

@Narcissous

The music is from the game Dawn of war

@FearEater

Yes FearEater some questions are best left unanswered
perhaps after all it is a Deathstar

@BenReclused

You are welcome

@Silcone Synapse

Very nice video!!! i am glad that you have made the same shot of the Moon, the odd sideways are made in Sony Vegas.

top topics

join