It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race is the new Politics/War. Duh...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's so obvious what is going on by looking at the news today and when I say news I use that loosely, as all of the articles were on Yahoo's news scroll today.

To me it seems that people have tired of the wars (usually great ratings). People have tired of politics (they've drawn the election out way too long already and its become an boring circus. people are tired of the bs in politics in general and ratings are slipping). So how to we get people fired up about something, so they have to cling to the MSM.......let's try race. Race, Religion, War, and Politics are things people are very passionate about, so if you stir one of these things up it makes for a great news day, week, month, so on..... Here are current stories in the news today.

First of course Trayvon Martin Trayvon Martin Video Shows No Blood or Bruises on George Zimmerman . I don't think I need much description there.

Then you have 911 caller arrested in deadly police shooting . A Hispanic guy is robbed by two black teens, so he calls the police. He tells them they had a gun to speed up the police. The police finds one of the guys who they believe is armed, he reaches for his waistband, so they shoot him. It turns out that the suspect was never armed. Of course the only clip they show of the suspects lawyer, she says he was shot because he was black. There's a video on the link.

Also in the news today. South Carolina teen’s brutal soccer attack earns assault charge . During a girls soccer game a black girl is tripped by a white girl (maybe....it looks like she didn't even touch her). The black girl get's up and beats the crap out of a white girl. They don't make it a race issue in the story but come on why is the on the front page of Yahoo. Kid's get in fights all the time. There's a video on the link.

Even in sports. Jeremy Lin Meets Ex-ESPN Editor Fired Over Racist Headline Who cares this story is old. Jeremy Lin isn't even in the news anymore.

Wake up people. Realize what is going on here. A harmonic society is a boring one. The less racial power you give these stories, the less we will see them (the irony of my post right?) The media wants a race war because people are tired of actual wars. Let's talk solutions not problems. Every race is guilty of it. How do we fix it? Suggestions?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

I don't think that race has anything to do it it. You hit the nail on the head.

If it Bleeds...It leads.

I believe that all the News organizations sensationalize stories, often making things even worse intentionally.

Ratings equal profits.
edit on 29-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First of all,,,DONT WATCH THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA. If CNN says dont do it,,then DO IT...No matter if its the Trayvon case, Ron Paul, Osama not being dumped in ocean or NOT JUST ONE soldier in afghanistan shooting people DONT BELEIVE THEM,,,THEY ARE LIARS..

new topics

join