It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Who Questions Vax at Hospital Has Newborn Taken Away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The social worker and the hospital were in the wrong. The police did what they were supposed to do. The judge immediately corrected the situation.

However, I think they should sue the hospital for a huge amount of money. It sounds like they did nothing wrong and that the hospital over reacted by calling in the social worker. It sounds like the social worker also over reacted by not listening to the babies mom and also authorizing medical treatment without the parents consent.

I think this is a case where the hospital needs to learn how to treat their patients.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing this is how the story actually occurred.

Something tells me there was a lot more going on other than a vaccine shot resulting in all this drama.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
At this point women might as well start opting for home births* with a midwife.

No insurance or government agency holding your child for ransom until you comply with their twisted agenda.

*Which have their risks.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Explain to me how this is not the federal crime of kidnapping? The child didn't have a social security number and was not the property of the state.

I smell huge lawsuit.

BTW even though every one in the country asks for it the only the person with the number,the irs and if they are not self employed the company they work for have a right to know the number. Not banks, credit cards, .... colleges hospitals and every other group that asks for it. They do't need it, they don't have a right to it, and the SSN is not to be used for identification period.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When I had my son, I was upset because they waited till I was asleep from the pain meds to take my son for his Hep B vaccine when he was 1 day old in the hospital. They were supposed to tell me and ask me and if I agreed do it in front of me not just take him away from me while I was asleep. That particular nurse treated me like a child and questioned everything I did. Really unnacceptable thinking back on it.

I remember being really upset that she did that to me.
edit on 29-3-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The more I keep reading posts like this one, the more I think that the quality of life and the common sense in Europe are way, way above US standards. I gave birth to my son in the Netherlands, where a woman can choose if she wants to give birth at home or in hospital, actually giving birth at home is being encouraged by the government. I gave birth in hospital, 40 minutes after entering the building (my partner assisted our son' s birth and cut the umbilical cord) and we left three hours and two forms later (one with our son's health data for myself and one form for the nurse that will visit the family or the single mother every day during the first seven days for three to four hours after the childbirth, this woman will do housework for the mother and support in every capacity the family and will check on baby's and mother's well-being, all mothers are entitled to get this support provided by the social services). No child ever will get vaccinated at such young age and no parents ever will be pressured into vaccinating their children, more to say before vaccinations parents are informed about benefits and risks involved, the earliest possible time would be 6 weeks after birth with the second check-up at the pediatrician.
I really keep asking myself why so many health professionals, social workers, law enforcement in the US display such dehumanizing behavior, are they being paid so badly, are they overworked, do they hate their jobs, are they outsourced, are they not allowed to go on strike so they let it all out on the customer, how sad

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starseedflower

Wow I could have really used that extra help after my C-section. I had no family, and my husband had to work.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

In Europe husbands and partners get paid paternity leave from work when their woman gives birth, we also all have health insurance (all citizens in EU countries do) and pay social security taxes. We now live in the UK and our contribution as full-time employees towards the tax office per year is at the moment 15.000 GBP plus

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Cool. Yeah my husband gets that (his job has decent benefits), except you can only get it after being there for 1 year and he had started his job 9 months prior, so we were out of luck.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
if a parent chooses to not have an vaccination, they should simply have to pay for any medical costs should the child develop a disease that could have been prevented, the insurance company should be off the hook

I don't want to have to pay for it, and neither should you

but taking the child is away is outrageous and bizarre

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

They should have a good case in a court to not be financially responsible for what they explicitly said they didn't approve. But sadly the credit reporting and other back-door ways to make people pay will probably overwhelm their ability to fight.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Wow I could have really used that extra help after my C-section. I had no family, and my husband had to work.

Sorry to hear you needed that. This movie really shocked me at how common that is in the USA. It seems there's lots of little pushes for drugs and convenience that increase the numbers of C-sections.

Pregnant In America (Hulu video movie)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
When I had my son, I was upset because they waited till I was asleep from the pain meds to take my son for his Hep B vaccine when he was 1 day old in the hospital. They were supposed to tell me and ask me and if I agreed do it in front of me not just take him away from me while I was asleep. That particular nurse treated me like a child and questioned everything I did. Really unnacceptable thinking back on it.

I remember being really upset that she did that to me.
edit on 29-3-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Again the Hep B shot - it makes me wonder if there is something up with this shot.. a reason why they want to force this on children that perhaps does not have anything to do with Heb B.

I think we need to find out whats in this shot and exactly how it effects the body. Could be a bigger story here.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

It really does not matter here how you are insured or for how long 1 day, 1 year or 10 years everybody gets by government law the same time paid time of work, it is a right not something you have to earn

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

The link says...

Jodi had hoped to have a homebirth. After going into labor early and given the distance to the nearest hospital, Jodi and her husband Scott were advised by their midwife to call an ambulance and get to the hospital.

She apparently had a plan, but she went into early labor. As others have said, you cannot predict how long you will be in labor.

For example, my mother waited until her contractions were the correct minutes apart. She went to the hospital, and almost had my brother as soon as she got there. She was in labor for a total of 20 minutes. When she had me, she went in earlier and was in labor for 30 minutes. Many women are in labor for hours upon hours, especially with their first child. Every birth is different and I don't see a reason to blame the mother for her child being born in an ambulance.

That said, the outrage of this article isn't that the mother may or may not have got to the hospital soon enough. The outrage is that vaccines are being forcefully administered. I'm on the fence about vaccines tbh, but I know if a hospital forcefully or secretly administered ANYTHING to my baby without my knowledge or consent, I would be beyond furious and would probably be contacting lawyers myself.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This makes me wonder if women should have someone stand guard over their babies while they're recovering from childbirth. As soon as they fall asleep the staff can just take the babies and do what they want. I agree that there is good reason to be worried about safety of home births.. but it sounds more like governments just don't want anyone being off the grid and out of their control.
edit on 30-3-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

This is an incredibly important story. I am sorry you butchered it so badly - you did not describe what happened, or what was at issue, not even the quote you pulled synopsized the situation.

Glad I took the time to read the source. Bump. Hope others have more patience than I do.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by reitze

This is an incredibly important story. I am sorry you butchered it so badly - you did not describe what happened, or what was at issue, not even the quote you pulled synopsized the situation.

Glad I took the time to read the source. Bump. Hope others have more patience than I do.

Glad you took the time to read the source. BTW, I looked for a good summary paragraph and dindn't find a better one... to me the "issues" were what happened AFTER she got to the hospital, where the state and hospital conspired to do nasty things to a newborn against the wishes of the parents. If that's not illegal it surly should be. Babys get more and better immunization via mothers milk than a bunch of shots. They were basically arrested /detained and possibly poisoned... all because someone got scared and asked for help.

Want help? Here, bend over, or lay down, or well go to sleep so we can ___ the kid...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by reitze

Glad you took the time to read the source. BTW, I looked for a good summary paragraph and dindn't find a better one... to me the "issues" were what happened AFTER she got to the hospital, where the state and hospital conspired to do nasty things to a newborn against the wishes of the parents. If that's not illegal it surly should be. Babys get more and better immunization via mothers milk than a bunch of shots. They were basically arrested /detained and possibly poisoned... all because someone got scared and asked for help.

Want help? Here, bend over, or lay down, or well go to sleep so we can ___ the kid...

Your post above is a good synopsis of the issues. The following paragraphs from the mid-end of the article also get to the point.

The moral of this story is that government and hospital workers will lie about the health of your child and quickly violate your Constitutional Rights in order to to force medical treatment upon your children without your consent.

Jodi and Scott Ferris have bravely decided to take their case to court in order to put an end to this madness so no other parents ever have to endure the ordeal they suffered at Hershey Medical Center after the birth of Annie.

...Sorry if I came off so critical - meant to be more constructive. ...We all rely overmuch on our readers psychic abilities, and that goes for me too! (Cringe sometimes when I go back to reread what I wrote and discover I did NOT say the important informative stuff.) ...But if we don't describe what happened - who, what, where, how, why and why it's important - we end up NOT reaching those who don't already have the info and interest.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

What was interesting is that they told me when I signed all the papers that they were not allowed to take my baby without my consent and that I was to be present at any shots administered.

This particular nurse though, I guess she thought she was above hospital policy because she obviously didn't follow it.

It really is a big breech of trust to take a baby while you are asleep to administer a shot you have not authorized.

She said it so nonchalantly too like she had done me a favor. Oh by the way your baby has his shot so you don't have to worry about that now. Wether or not there is something nefarious behind these shots or not is not the issue for me, it's the fact that it's MY baby, MY responsibility, and I should be consulted at all times on ANYTHING being done to my baby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join