It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONUMENTAL: In Search of America's National Treasure Glitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you went to the LIVE EVENT, as I did, of MONUMENTAL: In Search of America's National Treasure Tuesday night in theaters and you wondered what happened to the feed like I did... here ya go...

***The MONUMENTAL: In Search of America's National Treasure Live event experienced a technical issue, which originated at the live feed site in California. This in turn impacted Kirk Cameron's farewell during the last two minutes of the event. The missed content is available below. We apologize for the confusion this created and appreciate your understanding. Thank you!

www.monumentalmovie.com...

You may see the last part after the feed got cut... hope this is helpful to some of my ATS friends... KP

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I watched the trailer, but what is it, it doesn't really tell me anything?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

The movie Monumental, basically a documentary that had its first showing in almost 600 theaters in the US Tuesday night, has Kirk Cameron taking you on a trip and explains how this country was made great and how it can be great again. He goes to England, Holland, Boston, Plymouth, Washington, D.C., Texas and yes Harvard. You see The Mayflower and many monuments, hence the title.

It’s very interesting stuff that makes you think and the video adds a lot to the story. It can get corny in some areas, but not many. That does change a bit when Kirk and an expert visit the largest granite monument in America, found in a Plymouth neighborhood.

In Texas there’s a collection of early American documents there that gives lie to the idea that our founding fathers didn’t want the Bible in schools or used or taught or the signers of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were a lot of atheists. They actually show Bibles THAT CONGRESS HAD PRINTED TO PUT IN SCHOOLS AND TEACH THE VALUES IN IT…How dare they… so much for separation of Church and State. If that’s not enough to get conservative and the American and the Patriot in you going, there’s a stop at the gates of Harvard to point out how far the famous university has come from its spiritual roots. Barack probably never read the quotes on certain walls and one of the walls it’s on is behind a tree and fire hydrant.

Monumental: In Search of America’s National Treasure is a good movie and more interesting than most… You don't need to be a Tea Party member, an Obama hater, a Holy Roller, which I am not, or a true conservative...I'm an Independent/Libertarian hybrid... just interested in history and how we can get back to greatness again as a nation... IMHO

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I'm Australian, but can I still watch this?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

It will be released in many theaters in the US after Easter. As to by you, I do not know, sorry. Maybe you can tweet them at their site:

twitter.com...#!/monumentalmovie

Good luck mate...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Sounds like a major propaganda event to me; so I will be passing on this one myself. For those that do watch it have watched it...please note any feelings you may not have had before; as media is extremely good at using music and visual themes to cue feelings and create them in you...at such points; they make sure to inject the messages they want you to believe.

My best friend has a degree in film as well as one in psychology; He and I have had many great talks, about what he was learning in the course of those degrees. Information such as the above; or the art of removing a single frame per second of footage when showing someone you don't want people to like. Subconsciously, it makes viewers feel uneasy about the person, they sense something is "off" when viewing them. Frame removal was used very heavily when showing any Saddam or Osama footage as one kinda recent example, of such manipulation.

Knowing such tactics, I usually do not willingly, submit myself to such psychological operations.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
Sounds like a major propaganda event to me; so I will be passing on this one myself. For those that do watch it have watched it...please note any feelings you may not have had before; as media is extremely good at using music and visual themes to cue feelings and create them in you...at such points; they make sure to inject the messages they want you to believe.

My best friend has a degree in film as well as one in psychology; He and I have had many great talks, about what he was learning in the course of those degrees.

Knowing such tactics, I usually do not willingly, submit myself to such psychological operations.

So, you're an egghead and don't trust... that's fine... I don't like those type of flicks either... BUT, this isn't one and I should know becaused I watched it. I don't have a Jones for Kirk Cameron either, just a Jones for education and learning and can separate the wheat from the chaff. I am very much into American History and this movie does teach you some... I respect your choice of not learning or having an open mind to certain things DC, maybe that's why you chose a name with the word Dark in it. Maybe you should light a candle once and a while.

new topics

top topics

join