It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Fle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

Yahoo News Link

At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have "more flexibility" to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him "space."

The exchange happened as reporters were walking into the room and was picked up by the microphones.

The whole conversation can be seen at the news link.

One thing that struck me was his saying, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space."

My take? It seems that Obama has felt that his first term was not the place for these kinds of issues, and would risk his getting re-elected if he were to try to tackle them.

I think, if an issue comes up, it should be handled IMMEDIATELY.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Yep, he'll have plenty of flexibility and time seeing as how he will be unemployed......I hope.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Seems he is admitting a rigged election?

I wonder. In this case it sounds like leaked bait for the media to push, so no one questions the rigged elections.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Seems he is admitting a rigged election?

I wonder. In this case it sounds like leaked bait for the media to push, so no one questions the rigged elections.

More likely he's just confident he can beat that circus show from the republican party.
Don't need to rig an election when you have Romney and Santorum.

This is not an Obama endorsement, just the facts.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I would have thought that he has told the Russians that he wants to point them at North Korea especially considering he has just come back from the land down under after telling them what to say (maybe).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
He has his hands full with the 40 lawsuits questioning his eligibilty and other issues. THE FIRST PRESIDENT TO EVER SEAL HIS RECORDS". HIS FIRST ACT IN OFFICE! iF IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK, TALKS LIKE A DUCK, IT'S USUALLY A DUCK!! He doesn't have time to deal with the Soviets right now, he's busy hanging out with John Corzine and other banksters!! HE's busy on the second coming of the MAgical Mystery Tour! HAnging out with G-Sachs appointed leaders in Ireland and other bankster frauds in europe! What a disgrace, the american sheeple are just as big a disgrace having any faith at all with this known usurper/bankster! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

If he has nothing to hide RELEASE ALL YOUR RECORDS! But we know better!!! The proof is right in front of you!! You can't see my records but trust me I'm Obama...er.. barry .... a.k.a. "The Bankers Boy"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obama is just as certain of his "appointment" as Putin was of his. Obama's got some unfinished Biz to take care of. A lot of hot mic issues lately. Wonder who is working the audio knowing what is said during these personal little conversations?

It's one thing to be confident in your hopes but this seems rather direct and matter of fact to me....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Heard this on the radio this morning, glad you posted it. Obama is dangerous, I only hope people will wake up and not give him another 4 years to dismantle our country.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

That we have just romney and santorum should show that it is rigged! IF you haven't seen it by now you aren't looking or don't want to know.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

As much as I dislike Obama, his actions are no different than other presidents in the past from both sides of the aisle. He also has a point, its one I dont agree with, but its a valid point. If he is re-elected he does not need to worry about exhausting his political capital. Instead he can push hard for his agenda without tailoring it for elections.

What it will do is force members of Congress to support / reject his policy initiatives, which will affect members of Congress and their election campaigns.

We seem to have this issue in the US where we will spend a few yeas putting legislation together and implementing it / passing it, only to have someone down the road anting to remove it. 3 steps forward, 3 steps backwards.

If Obama can resolve the Missile defense issues with Russia then more power to him. Putin actually went on the record in the last week stating that he used Obama for a bump in local politics. Putin still says US-Russian relations are going well. To support that argument Putin / Medyev signed off on NATO setting up a base in Russia near Afghanistan, allowing NATO military supplies / troops / weapons etc to be stationed there. When asked about that they stated that 2 nations can cooperate on issues that affect both nations while disagreeing on other issues.

new topics

top topics

join