It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans: US paid $50K per shooting spree death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Afghans: US paid $50K per shooting spree death

The Afghan Government has announced that the U.S.
has paid $50,000 in compensation for each villager killed and $11,000 for each person wounded
during the shooting spree (allegedly) by Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales.
(Bales has NOT been convicted)

Families were apparently told that the money
came from President Barack Obama himself !!

Mar 25, 1:22 PM EDT

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) -- The U.S. paid $50,000 in compensation for each villager killed and $11,000 for each person wounded in a shooting rampage allegedly carried out by a rogue American soldier in southern Afghanistan, Afghan officials said Sunday.

The families were told that the money came from President Barack Obama. The unusually large payouts were the latest move by the White House to mend relations with the Afghan people after the killings threatened to shatter already tense relations. .....

Afghans Paid

The article states that payments have been made in the past for deaths and injuries !!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well now, that is odd. And to say it comes from Obama? That is even more odd.

There are a great many things odd about this president. I am curious. Did obama give money to the victims of the Ft. Hood shooting? I think not.

Is it really his money? I think not.

It is a terrible thing that happened, but why the double standard? Why is obama directly kissing the butts of the muslim world? What is the point in the "this came from obama" nonsense? Is he that much of a megalomaniac that he wants every rag-tag farmer to praise his name? What a tool.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The payments are called diyya (blood money). I would not be surprised to find that the us has been paying it in the past to most of the families of wrongly killed civilians due to drone bombings and what not.

50,000 usd is equal to about 2.5 million afn.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join