It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website Chronicles Soldiers Coming Home to Their Families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No matter what you think of our wars, whether just or unjust, or what you think of the military as a whole, you're a cold-hearted meanie if you don't at least choke up a little when watching these videos of soldiers returning home to their families.

welcomehomeblog.com...

Regardless of political stance, no one can deny the joy felt upon seeing soldiers coming home safely. WelcomeHomeBlog.com is a site that celebrates these amazing military reunions. Visit daily for heartwarming stories, videos & pictures of members of our courageous armed forces returning home to their families & friends.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
my ex surprised me at Olive Garden. He was home from Afghanistan for Christmas and my birthday, pretty much the best present ever. my friend video taped it too.

my friend and I had made plans to go to Olive Garden for dinner (we love the salad and breadsticks xD)
I walked into the restaurant and practically ALL of the waiters were waiting at the front desk. as soon as I walk in they're like. "ARE YOU NIKKI?!"
and I was like "...yeahhhh?"
so my waiter says "okay, your friend is over here"
so I sit down, and MORE waiters SWARM my table.
my boyfriend (at the time) walks out and everyone starts clapping and all that good stuff.
(he had me convinced that he was in Amsterdam)
we sit down and the waitress comes to take our order. and she's like. "you guys know what you'd like? get anything you want..." (aka it's on the house, they were so kind) and then she says.
"I'll come back in a few minutes after you stop shaking."
thats what I lifted up my hands and looked at them, I was like. SHAKING. it was hilarious.
so basically we got our food for free, and they were so kind in helping my friend and my boyfriend surprise me.
definitely something I won't forget.
I'll have to go back there sometime to thank them
edit on 23-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ok I teared up a bit on several of those. the dad crying because his daughter returned was a 2 hanky video! thanks for sharing

join