It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"SWAT teams" Packed and Ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In 2000, the Democrats caught the Republicans by descending on Florida in a flagrant attempt to steal the election. When that failed they have spent the last four years claiming that Bush stole the election, an allegation debunked by an independent audit of the election. This time everyone will be ready.

Party lawyers prepare for post-Election Day trauma
By Anne Gearan, The Associated Press

WASHINGTON � On Nov. 2, the voters will speak. The next morning, it may be the lawyers' turn.
Come Election Day, at least five "SWAT teams" of Democratic lawyers will have their bags packed, ready to go to whichever battleground state might turn into the next Florida.

Republicans have created an extensive network of lawyers in key states, and are flying in reinforcements now, weeks before the election. In Florida itself, Republicans have set up a command post in Tallahassee, the capital where hundreds of outside lawyers descended for the 2000 recount.

Once again, courts and lawyers may play a decisive role in picking the president.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
well at least they are ready this time.

on a side note i am offened by your sig. comparing kerry to the great minds of lenin and marx is a tragity. lenin and marx in particular were at least smart enough to right out there own plans of goverment and policies. i highly doubt kerry is capable of this

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
well at least they are ready this time.

on a side note i am offened by your sig. comparing kerry to the great minds of lenin and marx is a tragity.

You may be right. It would be hard to call Marx, Engles, or Lenin flip-floppers.

join