It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Sergeant to be charged with murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales is expected to be told he faces 17 counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder, along with other charges, in connection with a shooting rampage in two southern Afghanistan villages that shocked Americans back home and further roiled U.S.-Afghan relations.

Military authorities had originally said Bales was suspected in the killing of 16 Afghan villagers, nine children and seven adults. They changed that Thursday to 17, raising the number of adults by one but without explaining how the change came about. It's possible some of the dead were buried before U.S. military officials arrived at the scene of the carnage. Six Afghans were wounded in the attack.

Browne has portrayed his client as a patriot, loving father and devoted husband who had been traumatized by a comrade's injury and sent into combat one too many times.

full story

His lawyer can try and spin this like he wants, but the fact is, there is no justification for what he did. Killing children, civilians, because he saw a buddy die? I don't buy that, and i really hope, that justice will be upheld in this case.

Too many times these guys get away with this, which, is nothing else but murder.

vvv
edit on 23-3-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic"

Murder is murder. War is the name we give mass scale murdering, to try and make ourselves feel better or pretend it's justified.

This however is not the case, it's a case of premeditated murder.

If your next door neighbour walked into a local community center and started shooting up the place, murdering women and children, how would our reaction be?

I'm sure the Afghani's think the U.S are the real 'terrorists'.

Though i am surprised they are trying to make him take responsibility for his own actions, thats pretty rare these days.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Agreed mate, and i really hope that the law is used to its full in this case.

Some will use the exscuse of his head injury, or 3 tours as a ways of trying to justify this, but that is absurd.
He killed, innocent people and children, and must now live with the consequences.

vvv

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life. Not a fan of the death penalty, it's much more sadistic and vengful to make them live out the rest of their pitiful life in prison. Not that I'm a sadistic and vengful person....oh no....

^^agree with the above sentiments about war being mass murder. And one day, we'll have people bright enough to say "hell no", to the orders they are given. UNtil then, we will always have war, and people willingto kill other people, becasue they've been told to.

What's the old saying? If we do not learn from our past mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them.

And repeat them we are. Over and over and over again. When will we learn?

top topics

join