It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going shopping? Don’t forget your wallet, credit card and Geiger counter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The discovery of radioactive tissue boxes at Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY) stores in January raised alarms among nuclear security officials and company executives over the growing global threat of contaminated scrap metal.

www.bloomberg.com...

More than 120 shipments of contaminated goods including cutlery, buckles and work tools like hammers and screwdrivers were denied U.S. entry between 2003 and 2008 after customs and the Department of Homeland Security boosted radiation monitoring at borders. The department declined to provide updated figures or comment on how the metal tissue boxes at Bed, Bath & Beyond, tainted with melted cobalt-60 used in medical instruments to diagnose and treat cancer, evaded detection.

Bed, Bath and BEYOND what you ever imagined, the medical industry is set to profit big for the next century. More and more radiation found every day and soon more and more cases of cancer.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I wonder if things like this have anything to do with it?
1500 tons of decommissioned nuclear boilers head through a small village on their way to be recycled. And everyone goes to take a nice close look.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have to doubt if it is serious amounts and then if so...

How in the hell does this make it across our Borders?

Think about it for a minute...if this makes it across, what about suitcase nukes?

Meh...maybe we all need a little radiation to evolve? LOL sorry my weird conspiracy side stepped out there...

join