It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Will Ensure Tankers Can Haul Iran Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

China, the biggest buyer of Iranian oil, will take steps to prevent European trade sanctions disrupting shipments from the Persian Gulf nation, said tanker operator China Shipping Development Co.

The government has discussed ways of helping shipping companies get insurance once sanctions against Iran kick in on July 1, General Manager Yan Zhichong told reporters in Hong Kong today. The ministry of transport and National Development Reform Commission has had special meetings on the issue, he said.

"The attitude is clear - we must make sure that the volume of our shipments will not drop," Yan said. "The government regards it as a very important issue."

Read more at:

poorrichards-blog.blogspot.fr...

Now,if China sends in ships, it will be a complete game changer. I can not see an American ship opening fire on a ship flying a Chinese flag. Especially since China is sitting on about 3 trillion of debt and the US government is unable to curb their spending.....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
epic sanction fail obama!
he has made it so its easier for everyone to take sides
allies vs axis

and this idea of new cold war with china...
seems something big is coming soon
i think USA gonna tell china its been bumped (not getting its trillions back)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Good I am glad to see a second super rising to counter the US world regime. One super power is not a good thing.........

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
China and the US are not working at cross-purposes here. Both want to ensure the flow of oil. They will be allies in this endeavor. China has no Navy to speak of. It has only one carrier it bought from Russia that is not yet operational. It can send over a few destroyers. Japan, on the otherr hand, is prepared to send over quite a few mine sweepers even as the US has doubled the number in the area. This is not China VERSUS the US here. This is China AND the US. Indeed, we've been protecting THEIR oil for some time now. It's about time they chipped in to help.

top topics

join