It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Blocked from Voting in U.S. Election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I voted in the last election. My district was a library and was done by way of scantron sheets. Sort of a half way between chads and pure digital voting. Interesting compromise for those states who are not taking the plunge. I don't know what will be used here in this election.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The makers of touch-screen voting systems have sworn themselves to the election of Republicans. I find that amusing.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
The makers of touch-screen voting systems have sworn themselves to the election of Republicans. I find that amusing.

Nice attempt at trying to imply that if Bush wins, is because it is tampered with... Face it, the polls seem to show that Bush is most probably going to win, why? Because more Americans know that at the end of it all Bush stands by what he says contrary to Kerry.

As for the problems with FL votes, yes there are many problems down here and it is not because machines are tampered with, is because FL is a state where most people retire to, we have a lot of elderly.

BTW...the Mayor of Hialeah, FL is a democrat Raul Martinez...who was charged with 8 felony counts of corruption and was supposed to be sent to jail, yet somehow he was freed and he was elected again...I have no idea who elected him, not me....and he has been trying to get republicans to change parties, we had at least one day that he closed every voting booth, and it wasn't because of the hurricanes we had recently... Another thing I found is that when I went to vote, the e-voting machine had already the vote for Mayor of Miami-Dade Alex Penelas, a democrat as Mayor once more, I couldn't change him for anyone else...why? because there was noone else to choose from, so i left the option to vote for him blank.

You want to hear about election tampering down here? yeah...it is being done by DEMOCRATS!!

But you know what? its not going to work, because we down here are mostly Republicans, and we will vote for BUSH AGAIN!!!!
:

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Let me give you a link, so you know i am not lying.

The King Was Shot but Survived
And now federal prosecutors face a daunting challenge: Take down Raul Martinez once and for all

Five years ago, just before a grand jury indicted Hialeah Mayor Raul Martinez on eight federal corruption charges, the charismatic politician infuriated U.S. prosecutors by claiming to a local television station that the government had offered to drop all charges if he would resign. (It was Martinez who made the offer, prosecutors insisted, not them.) The Miami Herald reported yet a different version of the haggling between the government and the mayor. But one thing was certain: The discussions went nowhere.

With negotiations off, Martinez subsequently was indicted and suspended from office without pay by Gov. Bob Martinez (no relation). A ten-week trial in early 1991 resulted in his conviction on six counts of racketeering and extortion, and that July he was sentenced to ten years in prison.

Now it's deja vu all over again. After an appeal, re-election to office, and reversal of his conviction, Martinez remains a free man, is once again mayor of Dade County's second-largest municipality, and now faces a new trial on the same corruption charges.

www.miaminewtimes.com...

Witness for the Prosecution
Bruce Udolf spent seven years arguing public corruption cases for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami. A report from the front lines.

Bruce Udolf could not have joined the U.S. Attorney's Office at a more auspicious time for an attorney who wanted to prosecute public corruption. It was 1987, and the federal investigation into Hialeah political malfeasance was beginning to peak. Two former city officials had already been convicted of attempted extortion, a third was on deck, and it was only a matter of time until the federal prosecutors landed what promised to be their biggest catch: Raul Martinez, the mayor himself.

Excerpted from.
www.miaminewtimes.com...

You want to talk about corruption down here? yeah, at the hands of DEMOCRATS.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole 2000 ordeal was orchestrated by these people.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Nice attempt at trying to imply that if Bush wins, is because it is tampered with...

"
August 28, 2003

COLUMBUS - The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc. - who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

O'Dell attended a strategy pow-wow with wealthy Bush benefactors - known as Rangers and Pioneers - at the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch earlier this month."

I'm an independent voter with zero allegiance to either party. What I care about is seeing the vote is as unbiased as possible. People who would promote or ignore voter fraud if it benefits their candidate cares more about rhetoric than the values of their country.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thank you taibunsuu. I share the same thoughts with you on this matter.

I wish everyone would stop bashing one party or the other. I didn't start this thread to throw stones at anyone. There are things I do and don't agree with from either party and I will not be voting for either at this current moment. This thread is to talk about the voting system and possible problems and or solutions. I can easily sit here and say how katherin harris did this and that but that will get us no where. Instead lets focus on the roots of the problem. What started it.

Imho I think the problems lies in the actual system. I haven't voted too many times so I do not know too much about the machines. But the problem seems to be with the volenteers and the checks and balances.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by jmilici]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join