It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Tebow era comes to screaching halt as Peyton Manning goes to Denver Broncos.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

actually tebows teammates rallied around him. he brought out the best in them, something kyle orton (broncos prior qb) was not able to do. tebow will only continue to improve, while the 35 yr old manning could be all downhill from here.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I predict that this will be Mannings last year. I hope that he does not get paralyzed, the chance is definitely there. Especially when they play the Steelers or Lions who renowned for dirty shots.

I hope that he has the smarts to listen to the Docs and when they tell him to hang it up or risk being killed or a paraplegic he will actually take their advice.

But they have more than likely already told him such.

I'd rather see him walk into the Football Hall of Fame to get his jacket, rather being rolled in or haveing it awarded posthumously.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
For $90+ Million, I think the "fickleness" of us Broncos fans is warranted, if Manning turns out to be a bust.

Was it $90+ Million that justified your booing Orton off the field and erecting billboards calling for Tebow to be put in? That was just great form for a fan base.

If I were a Broncos fan, I'd shut up and consider myself lucky. You got the hype and your starter last year. Now you're getting a real QB this year. No matter what happens, I'd try supporting my team for a change.

EDIT -- Navy_Vet, that wasn't directed at you personally, but at the Broncos fan base by and large.

edit on 19-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Didn't take it personal.
After 9/11, my perspective on football changed a lot. I no longer get depressed if the Broncos lose. In fact, if they're getting hammered, I go do something else, and over the past few years, I've got a LOT of things done with my spare time!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't know how long Manning will last, but if he doesn't play then he just got the besting teaching ever.

$95 Million will get him a nice place in the mountains.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I heard Tebow is calling him 'Satan Manning' Bwhahaha

Indy chick here, I couldn't be more disappointed. I was hoping for Tenn. or Miami for Peyton. Actually, I think he should have just retired especially with his injuries. Take the money and run.

Here's to hoping for some LUCK here in Indy, we are gonna need it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I can't imagine Peyton in a Broncos jersey.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
People need to remember that Elway and Fox aregoing to give Manning as much free reign over the offense that he needs. MAnning is a players player and a student of the game. I'm not too worried about the line. Peyton knows what it will take to protect himself.

Being a Bronco's fan......I'm psyched.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join