It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Who Is Immune?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If you're a member of a very well funded military organisation the trauma of war can cause you to suffer PTSD. This may result in random acts of violence.

If you experience the overwhelming force of a very well funded military organisation and become disturbed and violent as a result you aren't suffering from PTSD, you're a terrorist.

True or false?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

False.

You don't have to be a Soldier to experiance PTSD.

Ask any rape victim or aircraft crash survivor. Those are just extreme examples.

Hell... I say I suffer from PTSD because the Doc spanked me upon being born.

My old First Sergeant says he suffers from PTSD as well. ( Putting up with TDawgs S#!t Daily
)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People can suffer from PTSD from a variiety of causes, not just from traumatic experiences in a war zone.

People who are victims of violent crime, women who have been brutally attacked and raped, a horrific car accident. a person experiencing a traumatic event. These can all lead to PTSD of varying degrees.

Alot of people may have it or show symptoms of it and not even realize it.

I was a contractor in Iraq for seven years and nine months. I discovered that i have been having symptoms of it since i left there last December. Thankfully it's relatively minor. Civilian contractors aren't screened for it like our military is when they depart a war zone.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Childhood traumas carry an added problem. The character develops with the symptoms as part of the character.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester
reply to post by bg_socalif

Childhood traumas carry an added problem. The character develops with the symptoms as part of the character.

That's very true and a very good point.

Good call.

new topics

top topics

join