It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email I got regarding the connection between smart meters aka smart grid and BCID RFID cards AND

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This March 5th Freedom of information request coincides well with what Ryan was investigating regarding the new smart RFID BC ID. docs.openinfo.gov.bc.ca... Continuing business transformation in this area is also supported by anticipated changes in Identity Management and the BC Services card. The BC Services Card is anticipated to allow residents to identify themselves for over-the-counter or online transactions, and can also form the basis for proof of authorizations and certifications. The Sector goal in this direction is to reach a point at which any resident anywhere in the province can use their BC Services Card as the basis for accessing their entire NR business relationship with the province, online, over the phone, or in person. (Corporate clients would not have BC Services Cards, and for them BCeIDs would provide single identifiers into their business relationship with the Sector.) Service Card examples include: ? Attachment of government licenses and certifications to the card, such as: Free Use Permit (BC Forests), Free Miners Certificate (Mines), Pesticide Applicators Certificate (Environment), hunting and fishing licenses (Environment), Licensed Trappers (Environment); ? Use of the Services Card as the basis for proof of a third-party status held by an individual, such as: professional status as a forester or biologist; public safety/park certification; completion of a conservation & recreation course; or BC residency status. Beyond that, the Sector imagines a time when indirect (on-behalf-of) claims-based role authorizations can allow residents to use their BC Services Card in its relationships with the province where the resident acts on behalf of another organization. For example, a forestry worker could use his Services Card as the key to proving they are acting on behalf of a forest licensee in the in a particular role, such as tree faller, in an area where the licensee is authorized to harvest. Development and promotion of strong privacy controls for BC Service Card users is likely to be a key success factor in the residentuptake of these advanced BC Services Card functions. Significant technology advances are required to fully realize these possibilities, especially in the areas of (a) Claims-based identity management (which is within the plans and directions of the government’s IDM initiative), (b) enforcement of interoperability standards through NR Sector applications, and (c) rural/remote electronic connectivity (which remains a persistent challenge in British Columbia, but which is being incrementally addressed through private sector telecommunication advances). In the mean time, the NR Sector plans to conduct business preparedness and process rationalization; and to build a foundation framework for integrated citizen-centred service, through the ‘One Project, One Process’ and ‘One Window’ initiatives.

edit on 17-3-2012 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Spam

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

hi op
whats your thoughts
tnc requires this
cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No commentary OP
What am I supposed to be looking at here?

Ill be getting the smart meter installed in the coming weeks.We have no say in the matter.
Most are complaining about the health risks involved. My meter is on the side of my house on my bedroom wall right were my head would be sleeping.

The information-carrying radio waves, transmitting 24/7, will effectively blanket homes and neighbourhoods with radiation that could adversely affect not just humans but all living systems. In particular, these meters have the potential to affect not only electrohypersensitive persons, but children and pregnant women, persons with medical conditions such as heart arrhythmia, those with compromised immune systems, and others who rely on medical and/or metal implants or equipment. In addition to health concerns, Smart Meters bring with them questions about fire and security hazards.

source

edit on 17-3-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by TheLastStand

hi op
whats your thoughts
tnc requires this
cheers

Please define tnc as I do not know what this is exactly you are referring to.

new topics

top topics

join