It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroy the moon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Why destroy the Moon when there is a vast supply of rocks you could throw at the earth- asteroids. You could pick just the right size to destroy your opponent without destroying the prize.

Bingo!

Why would you even humour a silly pathetic race still finding its way in the cosmos by destroying its moon.?

Send a nice rock say about 600 - 700 mile in diameter travelling about 15000 km/s or mile per sec (even better), grab a can of Alien juice, sit back, put down a wager with your alien buddies on how long it will take & watch the light show all from the comfort of your PlanetBuster Star Cruiser.

If your intentions were to destroy the race - why would you even give them a chance?

Scary to think about, but I'd want it to be over quick! No bunker on earth could sustain that shock I'd be tipping.

Anyway - I agree it BS all the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Actually, just hurl a baseball just below the speed of light. That is all that is needed. Don`t really need something big, just get enough speed.

Taken from IgnoranceDenied
Did you know that if a marshmallow hit the Earth at 99.99% the speed of light it would leave a crater several miles across?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
-haiz-
Destroying the moon only affected the tide. No tide means more peaceful oceans (there are still other things like waves cause the oceans to be dangerous)

But there also means a loss of good friends of Earth.

Come on, Earth.. protect your buddy.. he been accompanying u for 5 billions years

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
-haiz-
Destroying the moon only affected the tide. No tide means more peaceful oceans (there are still other things like waves cause the oceans to be dangerous)

But there also means a loss of good friends of Earth.

Come on, Earth.. protect your buddy.. he been accompanying u for 5 billions years

top topics

<< 1   >>

join