It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JEHOVA--YHWH ADNY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Yes that is important. As long as their praying to God and they know that he is also known as Yehshua (million different spellings..) the Messiah, Jesus Christ, all the same...

right on--we await his coming

edit on 18-3-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

that is one of the reasons why JESUS was sent to die for us we are to pray in his name only.

What? We are to pray in Jesus' name?
What about the Lords prayer taught by Jesus? It is addressed to the "Father in heaven"...

This was before the second covenant when he was crucified and resurrected and regained his divinity and purchased us with his blood.

John 14:13-14

13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
The names of God and the Messiah, in Hebrew, speak for themselves. It is also interesting to me that the word "Hallelujah" meaning "praise God" or "praise Yah" is the only word pronounced the same in every language. Notice how Yahushua is a derivative of the name Yahuvah, which is conveniently bypassed in the modern translations of "Lord" and "Jesus". The name "Lord" actually refers to the false god Ba'al, but I suppose that's another topic.

YHWH

Yud-He-Vav-He

Yud = hand
He = behold/look/reveal
Vav = nail

YHWH = "Behold the hand, behold the nail"

Yahushua = "Yahweh Saves"

edit on 3/17/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

The word Ba'al, means lord (lowercase l), and is just a title. Not exclusive to one god, but placed in front of the names of many canaanite gods. For example: Ba'al-meon, Ba'al-Hadad, Ba'al-hermon.

The Hebrew translated word for LORD is specific to it. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There are many renditions of his name for different languages. Yahweh, Yahovah (Hebrew), Jehovah, Yahuwah (Aramaic), Yehshuwah (Yeshua, Aramaic), Yahshuwah (Yahshua, Hebrew), Jesus (Iesus,Iesous, Greek), Ieshuo (that one is paleo-hebrew). According to what language you speak his name could be Joshua/Yahshua but however you prounounce his name, his name will have YHWH for consanants, there are no vowels in hebrew so vowels are more or less irrelevant to the translation and there are lexicons that help with translation.

This is more or less why you can use anyone of these renditions and he will know you're praying to, speaking about and referring to him, he's the one that changed the languages to what they are now when we all once spoke the same language.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join