It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What's the story of large portions of concrete supposedly being found in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean that some people are saying are the last remnants of Atlantis?

Besides....any evidence for the existence of Atlantis? My understanding was that when Plato mentioned it he meant it as a metaphor.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Try the ATS search for old ATLANTIS links.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What's the story of large portions of concrete supposedly being found in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean that some people are saying are the last remnants of Atlantis?

They aren't concrete, they're natural rock formations that some claim are ruins. See "Bimini Road" on Google...

Besides....any evidence for the existence of Atlantis? My understanding was that when Plato mentioned it he meant it as a metaphor.

Plato states emphatically THREE separate times in the dialogue, that this is a factual event, not a story. There is ample evidence in many posts here. I even make a case for it being the continent of South America, with the capital being what sunk, not the continent, including supporting evidence of exactly where it was, and is.

Closing the thread, only as there are myriad threads already on this that address the same questions.

join