Dissociation and Astral Projection

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Those who know me know that I have dissociative identity disorder. Everyone is born with the ability to dissociate. One of the symptoms of dissociation is sometimes seeing yourself as if you were next to or outside of your body.

Just a quick thought.... while dissociating, do you think it's possible to use primal areas of the brain that are not used very often that can somehow be related to astral projection? Or do you think astral projection is something totally different? Even if different, the two, by definition, must be related even if on opposite ends of a spectrum.

Like I said, just a quick thought and I was hoping for some great discussion like the last time posted a topic! Thanks everyone!




posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


Im pretty sure they have done MRI scans of peoples brains like yours and found nothing untoward.

In other words, its a mental illness caused by trauma. It wont give you any special abilities



posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


Im pretty sure they have done MRI scans of peoples brains like yours and found nothing untoward.

In other words, its a mental illness caused by trauma. It wont give you any special abilities


that's for another topic as it does do some pretty amazing things. I can read Hebrew yet have NEVER been around or had lessons in my life. Anyway...not the point! HAHAHA

I guess I was just curious. This is a part of dissociation that I do not have. I've never seen myself outside my body yet I've heard about it over and over from other people and it's actually part of the DES (Dissociative Experieince Scale).

But having a super power would be cool except for flying! ; )



posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
When it comes to these topics, I do not have many facts but a few stories.

Remote viewing is a big topic that appears to have had a lot of resources and good results. Some of the really sensitive top secret places are even able to detect the small electromagnetic changes that occur when someone is trying to astral project / remote view into an area. Countermeasures are also available to deflect or even capture an intruder from this etheric realm. Some of the alien stories get quite intense in this area.

There are a lot of crazy and scary stories around, as well as some good ones from those that do get into astral projection. Like any environment, there are risks. There is a large amount of evidence that out of body experiences are real from within the medical community, with situations that have happened during operations. As for the capabilities and limitations,



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
When it comes to these topics, I do not have many facts but a few stories.

Remote viewing is a big topic that appears to have had a lot of resources and good results. Some of the really sensitive top secret places are even able to detect the small electromagnetic changes that occur when someone is trying to astral project / remote view into an area. Countermeasures are also available to deflect or even capture an intruder from this etheric realm. Some of the alien stories get quite intense in this area.

There are a lot of crazy and scary stories around, as well as some good ones from those that do get into astral projection. Like any environment, there are risks. There is a large amount of evidence that out of body experiences are real from within the medical community, with situations that have happened during operations. As for the capabilities and limitations,


exactly!! so what is it? the soul? or simply dissociation? very weird..... i'd love to get opinions! = )



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


You have brought up an interesting point that I honestly hadn't considered before. I do believe that astral projection is real and that your essence leaves the body. However the processes that get you to the point would have to have to be similar as far as the brain is concerned.

Two remarkably different yet remarkably similar situations. I just don't know.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


You have brought up an interesting point that I honestly hadn't considered before. I do believe that astral projection is real and that your essence leaves the body. However the processes that get you to the point would have to have to be similar as far as the brain is concerned.

Two remarkably different yet remarkably similar situations. I just don't know.


me either. that's why i put it out there to get other ideas = )



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun
 




exactly!! so what is it? the soul? or simply dissociation? very weird..... i'd love to get opinions! = )


As for opinion, science is still at work. It has identified many systems of the body, but research is still continuing.

With Multiple Personality Disorder, it has been suggested that there can be some characters that are still aware of existence when not the main guiding alter, but these types are generally more like machine recorders. I am not sure how far things can go, but driving out the spirit of a person seams to be an important key with some of the mind control stuff related to this disorder. .

Out of body experiences are fairly common, something is going on. There is some good support for reincarnation around. Some reports suggest multiple levels of soul / spirit stuff going on as there are many different forms and interactions of energy.

The only thing I am sure about when I die is that the consequences of my actions will live on, maybe part of me goes to hell, a part to heaven, a part is reborn, a part sticks around as a ghost and the many other theories have some truth to them. Maybe there is nothing. Just have to wait and see. The fabric of life is quite intricate, somewhere in the archives of time I will still be sitting here...



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I find it interesting that one of your alters somehow could read Hebrew. Another multiple system I knew, one of the alters came in only able to natively speak a two century out of date version of an austrian dialect, couldn't speak a word of english at the time (not to mention the PHD level of education in the Alchemy at the time, which would be near impossible for an 8 year old to have developed in the early 70s). There is another extreme oddity with this particular multiple that quite possibly involves and confirms re-incarnational memories.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overstuffed
I find it interesting that one of your alters somehow could read Hebrew. Another multiple system I knew, one of the alters came in only able to natively speak a two century out of date version of an austrian dialect, couldn't speak a word of english at the time (not to mention the PHD level of education in the Alchemy at the time, which would be near impossible for an 8 year old to have developed in the early 70s). There is another extreme oddity with this particular multiple that quite possibly involves and confirms re-incarnational memories.


believe me, it's pretty weird. but pretty damn cool. it makes me feel like the matrix when all of a sudden Neo goes "whoa! i know kung-fu!".



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


As a human we have multiple energy bodies including the ethereal and astral body. When one is astral projecting they are doing so with their astral body which is part of the higher self. Our physical body is nothing more than a vessel..



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBlueButterflyx
reply to post by PurpleSun
 


As a human we have multiple energy bodies including the ethereal and astral body. When one is astral projecting they are doing so with their astral body which is part of the higher self. Our physical body is nothing more than a vessel..


i sooooo agree with that!



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun
Those who know me know that I have dissociative identity disorder. Everyone is born with the ability to dissociate. One of the symptoms of dissociation is sometimes seeing yourself as if you were next to or outside of your body.

Just a quick thought.... while dissociating, do you think it's possible to use primal areas of the brain that are not used very often that can somehow be related to astral projection? Or do you think astral projection is something totally different? Even if different, the two, by definition, must be related even if on opposite ends of a spectrum.

Like I said, just a quick thought and I was hoping for some great discussion like the last time posted a topic! Thanks everyone!


I believe there is a relation and here is why...

I have had a NDE which in turn led me to study and read everything I could on the paranormal, astral projection, OBE, and other NDE accounts. Reason I believe they are close relations, is because your body has senses that your spiritual body has connection to as well. There really is no fast way to explain all of this, I could write a book myself on the subject. In my mind there is no doubt of spiritual body and higher plains. Many just won't believe no matter what. That's ok too. The thing they don't realize, everyone is born in this world with nothing but their Birthday suit/body. When you die you leave with nothing, you leave that body behind. So it would be hard to prove wouldn't it? Unless of course you had your very own experience that changes your way of thinking.

The closest I can come to proving that everyone has a spirit is this... If you hold a pair of pliers in one hand and hammer in the other. Now what do both of those have in common? They are both tools. Now with that in mind your hand is a tool, it grabs things and holds things. Your hand is attached to your arm is extends your hand further out so you can lift and reach for things at a distance. Your arm is a tool, and if you follow it all the way down the line. Everything in your body has a purpose as a tool. Blood, heart, lungs etc everything even your mind is a tool. All of your sense are a tool. Your sense of eyesight, your sense of smell, your hearing, taste, feeling of touch. Everything comes down to your brain a central processor. So who is the operator behind this machine of a body if it isn't my mind/brain? So if the operator isn't physical then it must be spiritual! The difference between NDE and OBE. NDE is involuntary it's because the body is nearing death and your spirit has no choice but to eject itself and move on. This is the best I can explain or prove the spirit without someone having an experience for themselves.

Your interest in this is in a way your mind and spirit way of seeking out to find the one missing piece of the puzzle. People have only forgotten what they have always had or known deep down inside spiritually. This is why you have so many religions in the world, they are on a journey to find the answers and they pray to a unforeseen spirit for answers when the answers are inside them all along. This is what the coming of a new age is, it is finally understanding who he/she really is and that we are something greater then this flesh and blood. I hope some of this helps you out.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sean
 


great post Sean! Thank you for your thoughts!



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
@PurpleSun: a few weeks ago I posted a comment in another thread with a seriously apropos title (The Bible Isn't Stupid, We Are) after reading a post that you wrote. I believe I may have been WAY out of line and I even thought about deleting the comment after realizing what I had written. Bottom line: I felt STUPID for writing what I did, I KNEW I was wrong and hope you can forgive me. I mean that sincerely and that's my primary reason for this post. The story of my life has been a never ending trail of people that I have hurt in one way or another including a wife that I loved DEARLY who had DID just like you.

A quote from an article on DID that reminds me of my wife in so many ways that it's crazy. :


"In another webpage I explain why I believe people with Dissociative Identity Disorder have superior brains. So I don’t believe the goal of integration should be to become entirely like people have never had D.I.D., any more than the goal of a genius should be to lower himself to having “normal” intelligence. (I do not have D.I.D. myself, so I say this without bias.) The goal should be for all the alters to be identified and work harmoniously as a team that dearly love and support each other, know each others secrets, and have full access to each other’s memories and abilities. I think it best for them to normally sleep at the same time and be alert at the same time." Source


Originally posted by PurpleSun
But having a super power would be cool except for flying!

Although short, this is an awesome video about transrelocation that your comment about "superheros reminded me of:


"There is a large amount of evidence that out of body experiences are real from within the medical community..."

I have been studying NDE's for years and this is one of the most profound cases I have ever read:

"At that moment, I knew that nothing ever dies. Nothing ever dies! As I re-entered my body, I knew that the God within me could never die, and I knew that I could never die. For a moment, I actually saw myself half in and half out of my body. Then, with a jolt, I landed fully back in my body. Oh, my God, I thought, How could I have chosen to come back?"

Dr. Dianne Morrissey's NDE
The NDE and Out-of-Body
edit on 8-4-2012 by Murgatroid because: i felt like it...



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
@PurpleSun: a few weeks ago I posted a comment in another thread with a seriously apropos title (The Bible Isn't Stupid, We Are) after reading a post that you wrote. I believe I may have been WAY out of line and I even thought about deleting the comment after realizing what I had written. Bottom line: I felt STUPID for writing what I did, I KNEW I was wrong and hope you can forgive me. I mean that sincerely and that's my primary reason for this post. The story of my life has been a never ending trail of people that I have hurt in one way or another including a wife that I loved DEARLY who had DID just like you.

A quote from an article on DID that reminds me of my wife in so many ways that it's crazy. :


"In another webpage I explain why I believe people with Dissociative Identity Disorder have superior brains. So I don’t believe the goal of integration should be to become entirely like people have never had D.I.D., any more than the goal of a genius should be to lower himself to having “normal” intelligence. (I do not have D.I.D. myself, so I say this without bias.) The goal should be for all the alters to be identified and work harmoniously as a team that dearly love and support each other, know each others secrets, and have full access to each other’s memories and abilities. I think it best for them to normally sleep at the same time and be alert at the same time." Source


Originally posted by PurpleSun
But having a super power would be cool except for flying!

Although short, this is an awesome video about transrelocation that your comment about "superheros reminded me of:


"There is a large amount of evidence that out of body experiences are real from within the medical community..."

I have been studying NDE's for years and this is one of the most profound cases I have ever read:

"At that moment, I knew that nothing ever dies. Nothing ever dies! As I re-entered my body, I knew that the God within me could never die, and I knew that I could never die. For a moment, I actually saw myself half in and half out of my body. Then, with a jolt, I landed fully back in my body. Oh, my God, I thought, How could I have chosen to come back?"

Dr. Dianne Morrissey's NDE
The NDE and Out-of-Body
edit on 8-4-2012 by Murgatroid because: i felt like it...


first of all, whatever it is that you felt so horrible about, please forgive yourself. you don't need my forgiveness and if you feel you do, you have it without question or hesitation. no forgive yourself = )

thanks so much for this posting! I think NDE's have more to do with the "soul" than I do MPD/DID or dissociation however, I can clearly see the connection to Dissociation as this one of the definitions: seeing one's self outside of one's body. So Dissociation clearly can be looped in with NDE's and vice versa. Again, the root would be "consciousness" - more specifically the "consciousness of the observer" which is where this now crosses us into Quantum Mechanics. The body in NDE's is "dead". Brain activity continues allowing the dissociation/NDE and the "observer" experiences it even though dead. It gets confusing. It is EXACTLY why I believe the field of Quantum Psychiatry needs to be developed and I wish to God that I would be allowed to have a medical license to do this important work.





new topics
top topics
 
2

log in

join