It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves proposal to compel states to enact strict teen driving rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Senate approves proposal to compel states to enact strict teen driving rules

www.foxn ews.com

Provisions passed Wednesday in the Senate would urge states to implement, among other new rules, a three-stage licensing process -- first a learner's permit, then an intermediate one and finally a driver's license.

The rules were passed as part of a two-year, $109 billion highway bill. They would also call for restrictions on teenage night driving during the intermediate period, bar most use of a cellphone in the first two stages and ensure regular licenses are not issued before age 18.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This, my friends is what is wrong with the Federal Government – they take money from the citizens by force then attach strings to make the states do what they want. They have taken the States rights completely out of the equation.

What is right for States with large urban populations is not the right for rural ones. Kids there can’t bop down to the metro to go to a movie – where I live the closest theater is 45 min away. What are parents supposed to drive a bunch of 17 year olds to the movies? Please?

Let the States determine what is right for them.

www.foxn ews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If they are not careful, they are going to have a generation where a lot of citizens cannot drive.

My son has ZERO interest in driving. I have to FORCE him to practice, and I know other moms who's 15-16 year old sons are the same way.

Gas is high when you are low income. My son was like, after 15 minutes of driving, "I'm done now, this is costing too much in gas."

I wouldn't even MENTION it but I know a lot of other moms who are saying the same thing about their kids - they can't afford a car, they can't afford insurance (especially the boys!), they can't afford gas - why do they want to learn to drive?

So it's a great time to make it even harder. Yeah.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Driving age minimum should be 18 or maybe higher. But this should be a state issue.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I knew how to drive when I was 10 years old. Both my daughters can drive already, no one to pull you over for underaged driving when you are driving through the woods

The states should compell the the federal government to piss off and mind their own business for once.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sounds like the Insurance Industry wants to make sure they maximize on their earnings

top topics

join