It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two experiences I had when young.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't really know how to explain these two things that happened when I was younger. I know that they are not particularly earth shattering and there has indeed been more interesting posts but here goes.

Incident 1:
When I was around 12 or 13, some other kids and I were doing a Ouija board session at a friends house. I can't remember any replies in detail but it seemed to be gently responding to our questions. After about 5 minutes or so, the upturned glass we were using just shattered into what I can only describe as tiny glass balls. A bit like safety glass when broken but much smaller. We only had our fingers gently resting on the glass when it happened. This was in the late Seventies and I'm sure it was normal glass - health and safety not a great concern in those days.

Unconnected Incident 2:
Three years on, I'm sixteen and again at a friends house. On the mantelpiece were ornaments containing pins and needles (my friends mother liked sewing and kept these pins etc in the ornaments) This day a relation of my friend came over to visit, I think he was a cousin. He came into the living room and all seemed normal at first but after a short while the pins and needles started jumping out of the ornaments and landing on the stone hearth under the mantelpiece - every one of them, up into the air with a certain amount of energy. Jumping out like insects. He seemed to us to have caused it. Nothing like it before the visitor or after he left. He too was about 15 or 16 years old.

These are the only two strange things I've ever witnessed and would like any thoughts from forum members here. I've always been curious about these events.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brintonwhite

"When I was around 12 or 13, some other kids and I were doing a Ouija board session at a friends house"
Never a good start

That's just asking spirits to mess with you

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Interesting experiences. Be prepared for your thread to be taken over by the "OMG OUIJA BOARDS ARE EVIL!" posts. Literally, I'm sure every post in this thread will be about that. I've never messed with one, but some people will connect every supernatural event and every negative life experience to one of those things.

I am interested, however, in the ornaments. Were these like glass bulb ornaments that screwed off at the top and you could put stuff in? Were the needles breaking the glass when they came out, or were the tops off?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Were you at the same friends house when both incidents happend?

On the second incident with the cousin of the friend what led you to believe that he was the source of what was happening?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Did you all scream your heads off?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You pretty much answered your own question with the ouija board mention. Don't screw around with those things, while i will admit i'm curious of what will happen, the stories i've heard from others' experiences with them have cause my fear to greatly over come my curiosity.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brintonwhite

A sister of someone very close to me messed with a Ouija board when she was in her teens......my friend says it made her lose her mind. To this day (about 35 years later) she is still on meds and receiving disability because of psychotic problems. Yep, Ouija board is never a good start, especially once you are past a certain age IMO. Yeah, people will scoff at the attitude toward the Ouija board but honestly, if you initiate something like that why wouldn't it respond? If you don't expect it to respond why do it at all? Obviously in order to be participating in such an activity there is some level of mental acquiescence going on and that can be a powerful thing depending on the degree. Nothing mysterious or unusual to me about it at all.

As far as the pins jumping - weird. I have read several threads on electric people making lights go on/off and ruining watches etc.....magnetism is elusive and could certainly effect the pins. Probably a lot of mundane causes could account for that......or something not so mundane

edit on 3/14/2012 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

The ornaments were small vases that stored the needles. No tops

Thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

The friends were totally different. We thought it was him causing it somehow because it never happened before he came and never happened gain after he left. Oddly enough, I can't remember how he reacted. We did at the time know about poltergeists and we wondered if that was something to do with it - you know, they way they react to certain young people. Who knows

Thanks.

top topics

join