It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to This the World Should Have Ended Months Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Not big on the 2012 thing however according to this if it was true the world was supposed to end at the end of the Mayan Calendar (which I do not believe) it should have ended about 7 months ago...

The Mayan calendar did not account for leap year...There have been about 514 leap years since Caesar created it in 45BC...Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013...So if you put faith in "Mayan calendar" The world should have ended 7 months ago!

Has anyone looked into this or debunked it etc? Just curious.
edit on 12-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Has anyone looked into this or debunked it etc?

Since the world did not end 7 months ago, I think it is safe to say it has been debunked.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
the christians lost a couple of years along the line as the muslims had to point out the year 0 never took place year 666 spooked some to but was filled in later check years 1585 & 1753 the callendar is way of .i wonder how the mayans knew the centre of the galaxy was going to resemble a tree in this year just like a human brain looks when you view it from above its electrical fireing .and the yiddish tree of life , they had 29 numbers in some of there mathmatics the egptians struggled with 6

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, the fact that leap year is a man made day that was used to fix the calendar we made, on top of the fact that we thought the earth was flat when the Mayan's knew it was just a planet in orbit around the sun , I don't see how this holds any merit at all. We are now just at the point that they where before they where killed off for there lands. So,.... how can we say they're wrong on there own calendar? Are you wrong about your birthday?
troll me please!

PS agree geobro

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I've always heard the Mayan calendar was actually more accurate than the Gregorian calendar. Leap year included.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Who cares...if we die, we die.

edit on 12-3-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The calendar the Mayans used is an actual calendar of the stars and is far more precise than the piece of crap modern one we use. The prophecies that surround the calendar was created by men. They are probably full of $4IT.The Mayan calendar simply documents a completion of a full cycle and the beginning of a new one. As far as I can tell their is not a single prophecy that has been foretold and then came true exactly as predicted. I know people are going to say that their has, but all the facts have to be manipulated in some way to fit the truth. I would like anyone to prove me wrong on this tho. The end of one AGE and the BEGINNING of a New AGE! Everyone just seems focused on the END part with all the negative, and forget that it marks A BEGINNING.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the world, as we know it, did end, it just takes time for something this big to fall down.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Don't insult the Mayans with some foolish debunking video. The Mayans did not mean doom, that's just putting words and wrong meaning in their calendar.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is stupid, nobody said the world was going to end in 2012 except for a bunch of fearmongering fools so really theres nothing to debunk??

I think the mayan calender is irrelevant but at least it served to raise awareness of changes likley to affect the earth, which are already happening:Japanese earthquake, New Zealand earthquake, Aussie floods, all the political and social unrest and im sure theres many more examples. I know nature and earth processes happen regardless but I do think the world is in the midst of some change/transformation which the mayan calender may or may not have been referring to

Still the mayans used to sacrifice humans so i cant imagine them to have been too civilised. My 2 cents

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Don't insult the Mayans with some foolish debunking video. The Mayans did not mean doom, that's just putting words and wrong meaning in their calendar.

No one said the Mayans claimed doom and gloom. This thread is just about all the doomsayers using the calender to predict the date. I was mainly just asking if the video is correct and if technically the Mayan calendar ended 7 months ago?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
the christians lost a couple of years along the line as the muslims had to point out the year 0 never took place year 666 spooked some to but was filled in later check years 1585 & 1753 the callendar is way of .i wonder how the mayans knew the centre of the galaxy was going to resemble a tree in this year just like a human brain looks when you view it from above its electrical fireing .and the yiddish tree of life , they had 29 numbers in some of there mathmatics the egptians struggled with 6

what'd the christians lose?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness
reply to post by hawkiye

The calendar the Mayans used is an actual calendar of the stars and is far more precise than the piece of crap modern one we use. The prophecies that surround the calendar was created by men. They are probably full of $4IT.The Mayan calendar simply documents a completion of a full cycle and the beginning of a new one. As far as I can tell their is not a single prophecy that has been foretold and then came true exactly as predicted. I know people are going to say that their has, but all the facts have to be manipulated in some way to fit the truth. I would like anyone to prove me wrong on this tho. The end of one AGE and the BEGINNING of a New AGE! Everyone just seems focused on the END part with all the negative, and forget that it marks A BEGINNING.

If its just the stars, its probably just the same star cycle pattern repeating itself over and over. So whatever happens first with the stars, if its some kind of alignment, then this and that for 5000 years, then it does it again... IDK if that makes sense im tired

top topics

join