It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street could run out of money by the end of the month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This really doesn't sound good.

New York's Occupy Wall Street group is warning it could run out of money by the end of the month, raising questions about the future of the movement that sparked nationwide protests against economic injustice last year.

Donations to the group have slowed six months after it set up camp in a park near Wall Street, igniting the Occupy movement across the United States.

A report by Occupy Wall Street's accounting group for the week ended March 2 showed it had $44,828 in a general fund in addition to $90,000 set aside to bail protesters out of jail during planned "American Spring" protests.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I can see the PSA now.

“There are a group of people who are desperately in need of your help.

They suffer from financial retardation, don't know how to work well with others and are totally dependent upon the taxpayers paying for their IPad. They are like a lost tribe.

Please send your donations to Occupy or OWS.com and we'll be sure to frivolously spend your money, so you don't have to.

Won't you please help?"

edit on 11-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

A report by Occupy Wall Street's accounting group for the week ended March 2 showed it had $44,828 in a general fund in addition to $90,000 set aside to bail protesters out of jail during planned "American Spring" protests.

There are so many things wrong with that statement I don't know where to begin.

Seriously, I don't know where to begin, can anyone help?
It's like it's not even a protest, more like a job for one of Trump's apprentices to fix.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hmm so they not being funded by Soros then lol
O well guess I better get the chequebook out, course my donation will be on the condition they they all read this book since I dont think half of them know what they are actually protesting.

They should be protesting this, I will support anyone who tries to put a stop to this policy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Milton Friedman's free market economic revolution and in particular disaster capitalism
edit on 11-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

If that happens, I, for one, will be completely devastated!

What will the country do then??? Go back to work???

I need to start a fundraiser for them!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What do they need money for? It's not like they can camp out and make food since they were evicted from all the parks.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Are they still around? Hasnt been any mention of any part of them in months...they even dropped off the radar in thread titles at ATS!

Maybe Ron Paul is running them..thats why were arent hearing anything about either....sigh. Yes. I know.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What do they need money for? It's not like they can camp out and make food since they were evicted from all the parks.

Did they not move into offices? thus they now need to pay rent

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

In the UK they just go around squatting...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

I have no clue as I haven't heard anything about them since they got mass evicted from parks

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
twitlonger.com

The ones making a big deal about the money are the ones that have never supported Occupy to begin with.
Also never rely on anything owned by Rupert Murdoch to tell you the truth in an unbiased manner.

join