It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motor City “Stimulus”: $148,000 to Dress Two Low-income Job Seekers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Motor City “Stimulus”: $148,000 to Dress Two Low-income Job Seekers

Another stimulus package boondoggle debacle

More money stolen in the name of "help US" .. it's good for YOU !!

More thievery that may never ever be recovered.

But that's OK, it all went for a worthy cause

As part of the 2009 federal “stimulus” law, the Detroit Department of Human Services (DHS) received an $11 million grant courtesy of U.S. taxpayers. Of that money, $148,000 was spent on providing business attire for low-income job seekers — all two of them.

According to the Detroit News, a city audit of the DHS — already in trouble for “chronic mismanagement of federal funds,” including “the purchase of $182,000 worth of high-end furniture for a department office” — found that the department had essentially handed the cash to a third-party contractor with no oversight whatsoever. As one would expect, things did not quite turn out as advertised.

The DHS used the $11 million grant to open a service center that included the Customer Choice Pantry, the New Beginnings Clothing Boutique, and a call center. The boutique’s purpose was to provide business attire for low-income residents to wear to job interviews; anyone seeking such attire had to have an interview scheduled first.

Another Stimulus Farce !
(see the article for more tantalizing examples of grand theft !)

How can anybody trust these scum vermin ?

Can you please explain this to the public Mr Obama ?

I say: Hang the Bastards !!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well now I remember what to do about this, don't you? We were told by our leader. He said Sheriff Joe Biden would be the law on Stimulus and absolutely no funny business would happen under his Eagle eye. So see, surely you jest. This simply can't be. Dear Leader is never mistaken. Reality simply requires it's proper adjustment.

On a side note, I'll happily dress up in a pink dress, dunce cap and howl at the moon in times square for $74,000. At least wasting that money on me can be said to entertain people in the process and I'll really be grateful for my pile of money.

join