It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Misconception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Yes i agree 100%. Thanks for elaborating.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The misconception surrounding anything ET can be partly blamed on our reluctance to treat it as a worthwhile science to be studied, quantified and explained. There is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that something is going on and there should be an official scientific study implemented, just as there is on just about any other subject we can think of or observe.

I think this reluctance to accept and study this phenomena can be explained in part by.
1.There is no perceived profit in it.
2.The potential for societal collapse if studies are shown to reinforce the probability of ETs etc visitations/influence/study etc on us and this planet is not to be underestimated.

Society would have to question itself and its place in this universe all over again.
I dont think we are in general quite ready to do this yet. We are after all a very technologically and philosophically young and naive species compared to the age of the universe.
We have after all only been technologically aware for a couple of hundred years.

There are more than likely civilizations out there that could be thousands if not millions of years more advanced than us.
I personally believe if you take into consideration the size scope and age of the universe/multiverse ,the odds of us being alone are....nil.
The Drake Equation ....en.wikipedia.org...

This is a good site to look into for the whys/why nots and howcomes.
www.ufoskeptic.org...

Heres a PDF that explains among other things why there is a reluctance to further the study of this subject.
A difficult read at times but recommended even essential IMO.

Sovereignty and the UFO
www.ufoskeptic.org...

IMO the study of this subject should be continued in a formal and scientific way without the prejudice and the threat of ostracization that currently pervades this field.

If it is observable then it is knowable.

Peace

new topics

<< 1   >>

join