It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British "Warrior" vehicles fire at random

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

The vehicles' chain guns throw out 400 rounds of 7.62mm calibre ammo in a minute.

A soldier in Iraq lost a leg after he was riddled with six bullets fired in error.

But the Army has simply issued warning notices to all Warrior crews telling them to guard against the fault.

Investigators believe the problem - officially termed "undemanded fire" - is caused by electrical short circuits.

But other worrying malfunctions include the turret rotating by itself and the back door opening without warning.

Troops have dubbed the carriers Christine, after horror writer Stephen King's killer car which takes on a life of its own.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Terrible. I understand that weapons companies historically get certain protections from design problems and errors and such, but who pays more in the end? The people that are already risking more than any investor.

E_T

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This sounds like Macro$oft... "it's not error, it's feature."

IMO they should put politicians and big shots of manufacturer to front of that APC and look how long correcting this fault takes.
This just proves that big corporations aren't put to responsibility of their errors.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does anything in the UK forces work prperly anymore? I think we should just buy everything from the yanks at least they dont have the most idiotic procurement procedures.
It seems as though every few weeks a new 'issue' arises with our equipment,dont get me wrong we should expect problematic equipment but not virtually ALL weaponary.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
Does anything in the UK forces work prperly anymore? I think we should just buy everything from the yanks at least they dont have the most idiotic procurement procedures.

Well it did cost us $40 Billion to develop the Bradley before production, but I haven't heard of fighters carrying guns without ammo and IFVs shooting at random.

top topics

join