It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on a just completed album? ( Electronica, Ambient, Experimental, Piano, Dark )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I've been working on this off and on for over a year, there's a BUNCH more material but I decided to spread it out over two releases this year.. one to come in the fall.. The track listing contains all of the songs on this new release titled Friction, one free download at the bottom and two preview tracks of the upcoming fall album.

You can listen at my ReverbNation page for now.. the material will be in iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Google Play and all the others within a few weeks.

Your opinions are GREATLY appreciated =) .. I believe three of the tracks are also available on the reverbnation store.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can diggit

I'm not a fan of electronic music but I like the way you have space and breathing room in your works. The rhythms are sweet, the flow is smooth, and the color is dark and the tones are fresh.
Kudos co-member.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I appreciate you taking a listen, especially not being a fan of the genre ..
very useful feedback!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Needs more bassline. You could play that in a chillout lounge though where I'm at.

I was in my 20ies in the early 90ies with its very own weird tunes.

One of my all time fav's:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I do appreciate the genre, it's just the monotony of the beats that wear on on me after a few minutes. But your electronic music actually has more structure and natural unfolding. Some of it sounds like it could be a sci-fi soundtrack, evoking cosmic contemplation.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by miniatus

I do appreciate the genre, it's just the monotony of the beats that wear on on me after a few minutes. But your electronic music actually has more structure and natural unfolding. Some of it sounds like it could be a sci-fi soundtrack, evoking cosmic contemplation.

Peace,
spec

Funny you say that - I actually did score a production for SyFy but the project lost funding before it ever got finished.. I had about 20 tracks of music written up for it .. but I do hear a lot that my music ( even before that ) sounds like a sci-fi score, or that it should be used in a game.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Needs more bassline. You could play that in a chillout lounge though where I'm at.

I was in my 20ies in the early 90ies with its very own weird tunes.

One of my all time fav's:

That's not bad at all .. But a little too techno/trance for me .. I do have a couple tunes that are heavier on bass, but I'm definitely open to experimentation .. I still have a lot of work left before the second offering comes out in the fall =) who knows..
edit on 3/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join