It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the "American Story"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good evening.

I am the American Story. I am your neighbor. I am your co-worker. I am your friend. Perhaps I may be you. I am the story of one American citizen who was fortunate to have been born and raised in this once prosperous country. I am the story of one American citizen who struggles daily to make ends meet.

In retrospect, I have always been just the average American. Call me "middle class" if you will. I would not claim that I have lived an affluent life, but my youth was spent quite comfortably. My parents raised me in the suburbs of Orange County, California (in a “planned community” for one who might be so inclined to investigate) I have attended decent public schools and received satisfactory grades I have obtained both a high school diploma, and an Associate of Arts from community college.

I have worked since age fifteen and have paid my taxes dutifully. I am a registered voter and have been so since age eighteen. As one who had not until recently apprehended politics, or investigated presidential candidates, I sheepishly admit I would follow the crowd and vote for the “popular” nominee, whether to validate my sense of patriotic obligation, or to appease family and friends is confounding nowadays. A prime example of an uninformed M-tv generation youth, that probably did more harm than good.

I am all grown up these days. Matured. I have grown up responsibilities, grown up financial commitments, and grown up problems. I appreciate now the words and wisdom of my father, his attempts to instill a concrete foundation of morality and accountability. As a youth, I remember dinner table conversations about the economy, world affairs, and politics. The words I heard, but never absorbed them. “What’s this got to do with me”? Does any of this scenario sound like you?

And yet, here we are.

It’s all about me these days. It’s all about us. How is it those of us who put in an honest days work can barely afford to feed our families? How is it we will practically work our entire lifetime, and have little or nothing to show for it? How is it that the ‘American Dream” is dead? How is it we are all just lying down and “giving” our own futures away?

I have been a frequent browser of Abovetopsecret.com since nineteen ninety-eight. I have enjoyed reading the posts and the correspondence between members. I enjoy the fact that ATS members submit news articles the mainstream media either purposefully or naively omits. I enjoy the personal stories, anecdotes, and knowledge that members share regarding current situations and past experience.

It is promising and inspiring to know a community exists (and not just Americans) are observing and addressing the “situation”. It shows me there is still a Patriot or two left in this once prosperous country that DO care, are fed up with this nonsense, and want to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

In closing, I thank all of you who contribute your time and material. I appreciate those of you who struggle daily to make ends meet, and again I applaud those doing something to bring attention to the matter. If there is no change to come and we are destined to our current fate, in the end when all is said and done,not just one American citizen, but like you, like me, will all be just another page in the “American Story”.

**MOD EDIT**

Duplicate Introduction post.

Thread closed
edit on 3/6/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

join