It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TI83 Calculator? Linear Regression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well, I still haven't solved it, I did figure out how to plot the points, One is the variable and the other question is the second variable which would be L2. But, I still can't figure out how to get this part to show up.

Equation to find. I can't find it.

That's the only one I'm having a problem with after I plot the points, Like how are they getting it?

Plot points

edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

13. Graphing Inequalities. I will first describe the method for TI-83 Plus calculators that don't have the Inequalz application and the method for the TI-84 and TI-83 plus calculators that have the application. a) Write each equation in the y =mx + b format and enter them into the "Y=" positions. (Remember that you may need to change the direction of the inequality sign if you have to multiply or divide by -1 during the rearranging of the equation.) b) Shading of the graph is determined by the symbol to the left of the "Y=" entry. Using the left arrow, move the cursor all the way to the left of the Y= symbol. c) Pressing ENTER in that position will display different symbols. For < or or >, press ENTER until the upside down triangle is displayed. d) After you have the correct symbol displayed, press ENTER to graph the inequality.

This is taken from the following site: www.angelfire.com...

Hope that helps. I haven't used a Texas Instruments calculator in ages! We played Tetris and Drug Wars on them in high school.

edit on 6-3-2012 by DaTroof because: broken spacebar

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
No, I'm doing Stat Points, and I can't get them to come up.
I'll remember that for the inequalities though.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
never mind, I never answered the question. I finally got it after 4 hours.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well how about leaving the initial post and posting the results here so if anyone does run into a similar problem they can use it as a reference. I see a lot of the posts you author are later replaced with "please delete" with no indication to how you resolved it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

Okay, I put my problem up. Might be a little big.

top topics

join