It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1's in join dates different colors?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Yeah that is really weird then....wait until later on and see if it's still there. Maybe it'll fix itself.

Hopefully a mod will see this thread and might know what it's about.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thanks for your help on it paradox. It has to be something on my end because the 1's in your date on the screen capture are white. If nothing else I learned how to do a screen capture.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

No problem

Glad to help where I can.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Aye, must be something your end then, hope you find out what is causing it

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Since you only joined a month ago I'll let you in on a secret. ATS likes to have games and sometimes their clues are very subtle, hence why I asked if it was another ATS game I didn't know about. The three amigos also like to make small changes to things that have meaning. So when you see something as slight as numbers in a join date being a different color pay attention because it usually means something.

Really? Just in time for Easter, how eggsiting! I will keep my eyes peeled.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I suspect it's an optical illusion caused by two lightly-colored parallel lines being displayed on a dark background. If I squint my eyes a bit while looking at the examples, the 1's do seem to be a little different in color.

Or maybe it's a conspiracy.

You decide.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I read this thread with incredulity till I bent my head down slightly to pick up my cigarettes and then noticed that from that angle the 1's do indeed look light green

If you have an LCD monitor try looking at it from a lower angle, that made the green appear for me

Im assuming it might have something to do with the way lcd monitors work, or magic
edit on 6-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit to add
This page might help explain whats happening.
edit on 6-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, now that I've sen what you guys see...

Is there something wrong with my computer? It shows a sort of "file destination" pattern instead of an actual date. Like when you have the settings wrong and only html shows up...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I tried what you said, and yes, the 1s do turn green. Why not any other numbers or letters, though? I thought maybe the I would be green too, but no.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I know what it is!
Let me get the picture together and I'll post it in this post.

OK, I'm not good enough to get a picture of it.
But do the screen grab and then zoom in real close in Paint. You'll see that the white in ALL the type has colors interspersed "behind" it, but the ones (since they're a straight line) only show the green color.

Does that make sense? Zoom in real close and you'll see it.

It doesn't show up on red type, does it? Only the white?
edit on 3/6/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As modern screens use three colours (Red, Green and Blue) to create all colours, it's possible to use sub-pixel colours to help creating more smooth-looking text.

In Windows that's what they call ClearType, and is more noticeable in LCD monitors.

You can see on the following image the several colours that make the date. The numbers are supposed to be a slightly reddish white, but the system makes that change to make it easier to read.

Edit: with ClearType turned off, this is what it looks like.

edit on 6/3/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join