It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force abandons $3 billion worth of drones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Target practice!

Seriously, drones are too "They Live" for me. Terrible idea to use them in the first place.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Brandon88

Gotta love it. What use is a spy system that can be brought down by remote? We're too full of ourselves. And now we (we) pay the price...

You do realise that you have been duped by someone using old footage of a Lockheed UAV?

Footage uploaded of Lockheed Polecat during 2007.

www.spyflight.co.uk...

edit on 3-3-2012 by tommyjo because: Malformed video link corrected

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Right you are. Thank you for clarifying that. They in fact stole some footage and fooled me into thinking that... what? That they didn't capture a drone? Or make us scrap billions of dollars of in field hardware that is not obsolete? Anyway thanks for the heads up. I like to bring footage, please keep tabs for me. I want to be truthful as well.

Intrptr

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jam321

Target practice!

Seriously, drones are too "They Live" for me. Terrible idea to use them in the first place.

I'm really getting to the point where I agree entirely. When they were 100% slaved as a remote controlled unit, it sounded good. The small ones at the unit level for field recon still are. It's certainly going steps too far in these in an armed and battle ready form though, huh? Too much artificial intelligence being made with no human intelligence being used to get there.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would guess that instead of canning these drones, they will be sold off to police/army/tsa/private security to better protect your uh...civil liberties? I mean streets.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

lol,'Americans and there little toys '

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Do you see the spider in the corner or the fruit fly buzzing around. They are equipped with alien technology to monitor your every move. That's why they are called Bugs..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Gotta love it. What use is a spy system that can be brought down by remote? We're too full of ourselves. And now we (we) pay the price...

You do realise that you have been duped by someone using old footage of a Lockheed UAV?

Footage uploaded of Lockheed Polecat during 2007.

www.spyflight.co.uk...

edit on 3-3-2012 by tommyjo because: Malformed video link corrected

You know there is a poster here on this site that is an aerospace engineer who helped develop that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

lol,'Americans and there little toys '

Did ya know this theintelhub.com... was always a project that was designed for the logging industry in mind. They are wanting them to be utilized on the U.S. Mexico boarder, but they do lousy in inclement weather. That means during the rainy season they can't be used very much.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just another sign of the impending economic collapse.
2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If the Stratfor E-mails are to be believed the Israeli's gave their drone incription data to the Russians so they could defeat the Israeli made drones being used by Georgia.

Since the U.S.A. and Israel share so damn much information and hardware it's possible that the systems use the same tech.

I've never believed the Iranians could bring that drone down without Russia's help.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Right you are. Thank you for clarifying that.

Not a problem. Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join